legal boards?

Majin

On 10/12/2017 at 1:46 PM, Turragor said:

There is only 2 half hexes on each of those edges and they both need connected.

Basically the board has to be lined up edge to edge, corner to corner if it's the two short edges connected.

To expand a bit more:

The rule says "completed hexes connecting the boards." Since the edges have whole hexes and half hexes along each edge, it's the halves that are completed when connected that count.

I think it's odd, though, that the rules are explained like this rather than saying, "short sides must always be connected like this" and giving the example image that's in the rules already.

2 hours ago, dtw said:

To expand a bit more:

The rule says "completed hexes connecting the boards." Since the edges have whole hexes and half hexes along each edge, it's the halves that are completed when connected that count.

I think it's odd, though, that the rules are explained like this rather than saying, "short sides must always be connected like this" and giving the example image that's in the rules already.

Maybe it keeps it open if they introduce different board formats (still with longer and shorter sides)?

It's also a neat enough way of writing it instead of showing it. Like in trying to write it myself I came up with this as my best 'simple but not open to interpretation' explanation:

"Basically the board has to be lined up edge to edge, corner to corner if it's the two short edges connected."

A picture is easiest ofc - "Just do it like this when it's the short edges you bums".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived