Children of Hashut...any suggestions?

EvDJ

Hey

Am in the early days of planning a Legion of Azgorh army and I’m still in the fluff/list building stage. The theme is going to be, appropriately, bulls, bulls and more bulls. So apart from the centaurs, I’m thinking of ‘enslaving’ a beastmen herd, minotaurs, doombull, cygor, ghorgon, etc. Anyone have any other ideas. I’m also looking for a model which I could use to represent (with some modifications) a demon prince of Hashut, bull-headed for preference.   

Cheers,

Ev

Sounds like I am doing the exact same army, except my Hashut boys will be worshipping the filthy, smelly ignorant Beastmen - surely these bull people are avatars of Hashut himself! 

I've got myself some Ironsworn and Fireglaive for now, and plan on adding some war machines (magma cannon, war engine, rocket launcher and/or mortar), tuskgot chariot, a giant, bestigors, ungor raiders, ghorgon... never though of a demon prince though, or anything not from Beastmen/Azgorh. Are there any demons of Hashut?

Not sure what to suggest for a model, but I'm curious with what you decide. Maybe a kitbash between an Ironjaw megaboss and a minotaur, with some other chaos bits for good measure? There isn't much lore on Azgorh atm so it's pretty open, what you can do.

The Father of Darkness whispers in the ear of the chosen. 

A few chosen avatars of Hashut, those marked by his hand, are worthy of veneration, but the rest...cannon fodder, or slaves in the mines. After all surely the Legions of Azgorh as his favoured children.

I'm leaning towards a mass charging horde of horned creatures with the the CDs standing at a safe distance manning the WMDs, and sorcerers obviously. One of the things I'm really liking about AoS is the freedom of choice and we know that Hashut was once a demon prince of Khorne so i'm happy to think he has similar demonic followers. I like the idea of having bull-headed demons representing the presence of Hashut on the battlefield.

Popped into GW on Tottenham Court Road today and the guy in there made a good suggested. The current Orgroid from the Silver Tower box game could make a nice demon prince (good horns), and it wouldn't be to hard to give him wings (I still miss the old days of the citadel catalogue where you could just buy bits of different models).

Also have just found a rather brutal looking four limbed mutant bull monster on the Mierce Miniatures website called Angaakk, Ox-Gore of the Darkwald. I think the models a bit big for what I'm after, and I'd need to give him wings and a suitably nasty looking demonic weapon, but I like the idea of creating a model for Hashut himself as a centre piece for the army at some point. 

On 15/06/2016 at 7:25 PM, Furious said:

Are there any demons of Hashut?

Yeah K'daai Fireborn and the now defunct K'daai Destroyer from 8th ed, and the Hellcannon are all Demonic Dawi Zharr creations.

On 15/06/2016 at 4:55 PM, EvDJ said:

Anyone have any other ideas.

well during the end times, Grimgor sacked Zhar Naggrund, and there were rumours going around Warseer of future Chaos Dwarf releases having the little stunties as a kind of enslaved steampunk engineer race , as slaves to Orks and being responsible for building their war machines. That could be a cool unusual angle.

There's supposed to be more Chaos Dwarf stuff coming from FW soon though, rumours are rife of Hobgoblins on their way, and there are rumours of some new releases at the Age of Sigmar open day in August

On 15/06/2016 at 4:55 PM, EvDJ said:

I’m also looking for a model which I could use to represent (with some modifications) a demon prince of Hashut, bull-headed for preference.   

Cheers,

Ev

I have a K'daai destroyer going spare which is made from a converted FW bloodthirster, with a bale taurus head, and some parts from infernal guard, drazoath and bull centaurs, if you wanted to take a look I'd be happy to show you some pics. I bought it from a Polish modelmaker on ebay a couple years ago. Its a pretty cool model, needs a good home.

IMG_0074.jpg

Another cool demon prince could be the FW models Samus (with a headswap of a bull) or Skaarac the bloodborne (who is based off an old K'daai sculpt that got recycled, so has some Chaos Dwarf aesthetics)

Archived