Double Cunning Deceiver Skaven Deathrunner combo filth

Double Misfire

31 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Whait! does this mean that I can use the command ability “inspiring presence for times in a row with the crown of conquest?

That is my belief, yes.

Although, statistically, it would be 3 ;)

19 hours ago, Mayple said:

To me, it is clear that it can be used that way. GW themselves said that command traits/artifacts and such apply to both twins. Look at Hosts of Slaanesh for comparison - one of their options allow for three generals, with a built in range limitation. Here, we get (if one wants) two generals, until the decoy is revealed. It makes sense.

Whoever is saying you can use a command ability/trait once really needs to cite some sources. A general can not use his command ability more than once per turn, but in this case there are two separate generals, so you'd resolve their abilities individually.

In other words: when the rules say 'A general can use his command ability in the hero phase' or in the case of some command traits 'in the hero phase, pick a unit within x' (lord of war) - those apply per general.

Open to factual counterpoints.

*I used to think this was not possible, so I do see where they're coming from. However, presuming that the RAI in this case is something else than RAW is faulty due to GW themselves supporting the duplication effect of the clones, specifically pointing to artifacts/command traits.

The command ability rule is what I use the most for evidence. It signifies that every single model that is allowed to use a command ability can do it once. I prefer the Verminous Clawpack example where it says "the warlord may use its command ability AS IF IT WERE YOUR GENERAL" and thus another model may use their command ability. The problem remains that the use of a command trait is not worded the same as the command ability.  Furthermore, some traits are passive and not activated. I posed the question if I actually had two generals on the field because if "yes" this argument is much stronger. 

17 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

The command ability rule is what I use the most for evidence. It signifies that every single model that is allowed to use a command ability can do it once. I prefer the Verminous Clawpack example where it says "the warlord may use its command ability AS IF IT WERE YOUR GENERAL" and thus another model may use their command ability. The problem remains that the use of a command trait is not worded the same as the command ability.  Furthermore, some traits are passive and not activated. I posed the question if I actually had two generals on the field because if "yes" this argument is much stronger. 

Archaon's "Warlord Without Equal" does not have the language "as if it were your general,"  which supports the whatever-they-were-thinking-at-the-time style of game design.

Archived