Skaven 2000pts list - Clan Rekkit assembles!

robbobobo

Hey there,

I'm after some feedback on this army list for my Skaven. It's the first one I've written and is based on what I have access to currently.

Points: 2000pts                                   Allegiance: Chaos
General: Skaven Warlord on Brood Horror

Leaders
Skaven Warlord on Brood Horror - 220
- Also Behemoth
Warlock Engineer - 100

Battleline
Clanrats (40) - 200pts
- Spears
Clanrats (40) - 200pts
- Spears
Clanrats (40) - 200pts
- Spears

Other
Stormvermin (40) - 500pts
-  Clanshields
Stormfiends (3) - 300pts
- Grinderfists - 2x Shock Gauntlets
Warpfire Thrower - 70pts
Warpfire Thrower - 70pts
Warpfire Thrower - 70pts
Warpfire Thrower - 70pts

I'm up for suggestions on what to substitute if some aspects seem weak or sub-optimal. I usually want to make lists that are both fun to play whilst able to hold up to other players that run competitive lists.

Thanks for reading!

Oh. Nice approach! The warlord on brood horror is love. I've been wanting to run stormvermin in a block of 40 for a while now, so let us know how that goes. Don't let them get hit first ;)

As for the rest of your list, have you considered plagueclaws instead of the warpflame throwers? I run three, and they're the core of the 'getting stuff done' part of my army. Their range increases your board control a lot as well - but that's just preference :)

160 rats is a fun horde, and they run pretty fast, but there isn't much to prevent your opponent from shooting the weapon teams and stormvermin before they get anything done.  You may want to consider Warp Grinders to let you just put 40 rats wherever you want to, and/or some longer range Skryre/Pestilens artillery/weapon teams to soften the enemy for your clanrats

edit: maybe give the stormfiends guns instead of melee weapons so that they can do work while your opponent is surrounded by clanrats

Thanks for all of your suggestions so far. The next thing on my shopping list seems to be a Warp Grinder Team, or a Verminlord.

3 hours ago, danimo said:

You may want to consider Warp Grinders to let you just put 40 rats wherever you want to, and/or some longer range Skryre/Pestilens artillery/weapon teams to soften the enemy for your clanrats

I'm considering converting some of the weapon teams to make Ratling Gun Teams, I'm probably going to avoid buying Warplock Jezzails despite how great they are. Just horrid models...

16 hours ago, Mayple said:

As for the rest of your list, have you considered plagueclaws instead of the warpflame throwers? I run three, and they're the core of the 'getting stuff done' part of my army. Their range increases your board control a lot as well - but that's just preference :)

I haven't considered Plagueclaw Catapults or even Warp Lightning Cannons. I'm not entirely savvy on the pros and cons of each or when either would be applicable.

Archived