Need Suggestions for Quick Rose Gold

GingerGiant

I'm looking to speed up the painting process for my High Elves, whose majority color is rose gold. I'd also like to make them brighter. I have an airbrush, too.

Is there a better way to achieve a brighter look for what I have already done?

Here's the fairly slow formula I had been using:

1. Basecoat with Warplock Bronze
  2. Wash with Druchii Violet
  3. Layer Sycorax Bronze
  4. Highlight with mix of Sycorax Bronze and Vallejo Metal Medium

Here are my spearmen (shields pending):
W99tap8.jpg

Not sure if it's what you're after, but I've been using the following on stormcast that gives a nice pale/rose gold:

Basecoat stormhost silver

Wash with seraphim sepia (twice)

Wash key areas druchii violet

Edge highlight stormhost silver.

Really easy to do, means you can do lots at once with minimal efgort, just drying time for washes 

Screenshot_20171115-232337.png

8 minutes ago, Ademo said:

Not sure if it's what you're after, but I've been using the following on stormcast that gives a nice pale/rose gold:

Basecoat stormhost silver

Wash with seraphim sepia (twice)

Wash key areas druchii violet

Edge highlight stormhost silver.

Really easy to do, means you can do lots at once with minimal efgort, just drying time for washes 

I think something like that might work pretty well. I think I'll try swapping the Seraphin Sepia for Reikland Fleshshade or Carroburg Crimson. Thanks!

If I could find a Sycorax Bronze-looking spraypaint, I'd try basecoating with it and then apply a Violet wash.

4 hours ago, GingerGiant said:

I think something like that might work pretty well. I think I'll try swapping the Seraphin Sepia for Reikland Fleshshade or Carroburg Crimson. Thanks!

If I could find a Sycorax Bronze-looking spraypaint, I'd try basecoating with it and then apply a Violet wash.

Do note that Carroburg Crimson is very pink rather than straight red, might give you different results than what you seem to be after.

Might be slightly more bronze than what you're after, but I've gotten something like what you describe with this:

Base Runelord Brass (might need to do this over a Leadbelcher undercoat or maybe my pot's just ridiculously thin :S)

Wash Agrax Earthshade

Drybrush Runelord Brass

Light drybrush Runefang Steel

Pretty quick and gives a nice bright, burnished look - I don't have any pics on hand, but I can get some tomorrow if you want.

30 minutes ago, Curry_Supreme said:

Hey ginger what about Vallejo bright bronze? I have it for this purpose and it’s actually one of my favourite metallics.

Ooo, I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion! Do you have a picture of a model you used it on?

Archived