A few questions

Flammen

I have a few questions as I build my army:

1- I have this old wizard model.. I'm thinking I wanna give him purple  robes. But, in official games and tournaments and stuff, can I use him as any one of the several different orders of wizards (jade, bright, gray, etc), or does a wizard painted a certain color always have to be played as the associated wizard type?

2-If I do have to choose, which wizard type would best accompany a Fyreslayer army and/or give the most grief to my roommate's Stormcast Eternal army?

3- Can an Auric Runeson on Magmadroth equipped with the wyrmslayer javelins use both a javelin and a throwing axe in the same shooting phase?

I'm sure I'll have more questions moving forward, so I'll just keep them all in this thread

Thanks, and enjoy this progress update on my army painting efforts: https://imgur.com/gallery/M06Xr

1. You can paint your models however you like.  There’s very few restrictions on painting.

2.  Mortal wounds are great to target stormcast heroes as their saves are high, fireball or chain lightning should serve you well.  Fyreslayers have little ranged mortal wounds especially against heroes. 

3. Yes you can throw both. 

Some great photos of your army progress there too, fantastic beard scheme. 

9 hours ago, Flammen said:

1- I have this old wizard model.. I'm thinking I wanna give him purple  robes. But, in official games and tournaments and stuff, can I use him as any one of the several different orders of wizards (jade, bright, gray, etc), or does a wizard painted a certain color always have to be played as the associated wizard type?

No, he does not have to be. Paint as you would like and play as you want to as well.

2-If I do have to choose, which wizard type would best accompany a Fyreslayer army and/or give the most grief to my roommate's Stormcast Eternal army?

As already mentioned, the best wizard would be the one who can dish out mortal wounds.

3- Can an Auric Runeson on Magmadroth equipped with the wyrmslayer javelins use both a javelin and a throwing axe in the same shooting phase?

Yes, because models attack with all of their weapons of the same type simultaneously.

And great models indeed! 

Archived