Advice needed! Brood horror alternative model.

Kugane

So, I was planning to get a warlord on broodhorror from forgeworld, but I absolutely hate the look of the broodhorror in this set. I don't feel comfortable dishing out such a chunk of money for a model I do not even like, so I went ahead and converted Thanquol into a warlord and I am now looking for a mount for him.

Does anyone know which models  I could use as an alternative brood horror? I was considering a mauler fiend, putting some ogre bits on it and a giant rat tail or a juggernaut.

1 hour ago, Kugane said:

So, I was planning to get a warlord on broodhorror from forgeworld, but I absolutely hate the look of the broodhorror in this set. I don't feel comfortable dishing out such a chunk of money for a model I do not even like, so I went ahead and converted Thanquol into a warlord and I am now looking for a mount for him.

Does anyone know which models  I could use as an alternative brood horror? I was considering a mauler fiend, putting some ogre bits on it and a giant rat tail or a juggernaut.

I'll have a think. Any objections to third party models?

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

I'll have a think. Any objections to third party models?

It depends on the price range of the other party models tbh, if it gets into the 50$ range for a rat-like model, then I might be better off just greenstuffing fur on the forgeworld broodhorror haha. I just hate the naked/guts look of that rat. I was considering a thunderwolf and adding a different head and rat tail as well.

First off...the Brood horror is such a cool model why? But I can see it may not be everyones cuppa. Anyway, there's this badboy form mierce, though may be too similar to the other brood  horror. And the armoured version. For conversions you could go down a serious kitbash different model, think maggoths would be cool but depends how nurgly bloated you'd like to go, if not you might want to make an insect rat hybrid and use a tyranid model as a base, like a carnifex or trygon. Though by thh sound of the models you've mentioned it seems you want more of a mechanical construct than an actual giant bred saven, in which case I think the Maulerfiend would be better suited. 

Edit: @Mayple, you win this round. 

12 hours ago, Mayple said:

mrm_dkl_vrs_tcw_mbs_701_000_01_large.png

mrm_dkl_vrs_tcw_wld_102_000_01_large.png

These are good third party options. Don't know if I'm allowed to state the sources, but ya can Sherlock that, surely. Only reason I'm not using either as the mount is in case I'd wanna go to tourneys :o

12 hours ago, Kronos said:

First off...the Brood horror is such a cool model why? But I can see it may not be everyones cuppa. Anyway, there's this badboy form mierce, though may be too similar to the other brood  horror. And the armoured version. For conversions you could go down a serious kitbash different model, think maggoths would be cool but depends how nurgly bloated you'd like to go, if not you might want to make an insect rat hybrid and use a tyranid model as a base, like a carnifex or trygon. Though by thh sound of the models you've mentioned it seems you want more of a mechanical construct than an actual giant bred saven, in which case I think the Maulerfiend would be better suited. 

Edit: @Mayple, you win this round. 

Thank you very much for the links! I like the armoured look of them! Perhaps I could buy the forgeworld version and put armour on it similar to the one in the picture. Really cool model! :)

Archived