Slaves to Darkness 2000 pt budget list

johnsmith57622

Hey all,

was hoping for some advice on this list:

--Chaos Lord on Manticore, with Flail and Runeshield (250)

--Chaos Sorcerer Lord, Runestaff (160)

--20 Chaos Marauders, axes and shields (120)

--10 Chaos Warriors, hand weapons (180)

--5 Chaos Warriors, greatblades (90)

--5 Chaos Knights, Ensorcelled weapons (160)

--5 Chaos Knights, Ensorcelled weapons (160)

--1 Gorebeast Chariot, Greatblade (100)

--2 Chaos Chariots, Greatblades (160)

--Chaos Gargant (170)

--Chaos Gargant (170)

--Chaos Gargant (170)

Without hunting on ebay, this is about $225, for a total of 1,890 points. Not really sure what to do for artifacts or for the last 110 points.

Thanks very much,

j

Interesting list... how do you see it playing on the table? Your play style and general tactics will likely dictate what to add/change.

If the above are just the models you like then obviously go for it. However if you're wanting something reasonably competitive then there are a few things to consider...

A 2000 point army can only have 400 points of allies (20% of your army) so you can only ally in 2 x chaos gargants. On the plus side you now have 280 points to play with!

Your list is definitely light on for heroes, especially since the StD allegiance abilities are all about heroes. I would be looking to fit another one or two heroes in at least.

Units of 5 or even 10 chaos warriors are not going to do much. Is there a reason you have gone for these small units? Remember that with Slaves to Darkness allegiance the chaos knights and chaos chariots count as battleline. If its objective campers you want then 10 man marauder units do the job for a fraction of the cost. 3 x 10 marauders gives you greater tactical flexibility than 1 x 10 warriors. Some mark objectives, others screen your force, protect a flank to prevent summoning/deep striking etc.

Chaos chariots are pretty weak, especially when compared to gorebeast chariots. Unless you already own the models I would be inclined to go with gorebeast chariots only.

Consider giving glaives to at least one of the knight units. The rend and extra damage on the charge is quite brutal.

Consider adding a war shrine.

I'm new to the game...looking to play against a dwarf army which I'm also planning on making.

Mostly with friends, all casual.  

Trying to go off of a budget, and with the Harbingers of ruin, Start collecting, marauders, Lord on Manticore, and 3 giants from reaper, it all works out pretty nicely.  

I'll add an exalted hero of chaos in maybe?  I'll also switch one of the chariots to a gorebeast.  

Not really worried about the army composition rules :P, I'm sure the dwarf army breaks them pretty egregiously as well/

Thanks very much

No worries! If its just a friendly/narrative style game then yeah obviously don't worry about the ally limits! Or just play it as a mixed chaos army rather than Slaves to Darkness allegiance. Or, convert one of the Gargants to have a howdah on his back with a priest and you've got yourself a custom warshrine ;-)

Exalted Hero of chaos is a good addition. 

Welcome to the game and enjoy!

8 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Your list is definitely light on for heroes, especially since the StD allegiance abilities are all about heroes. I would be looking to fit another one or two heroes in at least.

Seconded. 

In general very good advice by @Agent of Chaos. Will you be building from scratch?

This is my suggestion for you:

Do a fatesworn warband list. Strong, Kinda easy to play, has rend on everything ecc.

What would i change from your list:

- gargants (you don't need them and they are pretty weak)

-normal  chariots for gorebeasts ones

If you want to do some very cool chosens you can build them from liberators and retributors.

Fatesworn list 2000:

Chaos lord on daemon mount (140)

Chaos lord on manticore (250)

Chaos sorcerer lord (160)

Sayl (build from normal sorcerer no worry) (120)

3*10 chaos marauders (180)

9 chaos knights, ENS weapons (320)

3 gorebeast chariots, flail (300)

19 warriors of chaos (360)

Chaos spawn (50)

Fatesworn warband (100)

This is 1980 points of slave to darkness (you could Aldo join tzeentch allegiance without changing anything)

What do you think? With 2 start collecting you already fill 20 warriors, 10 knights, 2 chariots , sayl and the sorcerer

Okay, so with all the suggestions:

Allegiance: Chaos Leaders Chaos Lord On Manticore (250) - General - Command Trait : Exalted Champion - Blade & Lance - Artefact : Chaos Runeblade

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160) - Runestaff - Artefact : Daemon Weapon - Lore of Fate : Shield of Fate

Lord Of Chaos (100) - Artefact : Chaos Runeblade Units

5 x Chaos Knights (160) -Ensorcelled Weapons

15 x Chaos Warriors (270) -Hand Weapons

5 x Chaos Knights (160) -Ensorcelled Weapons

10 x Chaos Marauders (60) -Axes & Shields - Damned Icon

10 x Chaos Marauders (60) -Axes & Shields - Damned Icon

2 x Chaos Chariots (160) -War flails 1 x Chaos Gorebeast Chariots (100) -War Flail

1 x Chaos Warshrine (180)

Behemoths Chaos Gargant (170)

Chaos Gargant (170)

Reinforcement Points (0) Total: 2000 / 2000 Allies: 0 / 400 Leaders: 3/6 Battlelines: 6 (3+) Behemoths: 4/4 Artillery: 0/4

How does that look?

Not sure about anything for range and/or magic...

Archived