Lord of Chaos Reaperblade

Frozenbeast

Question

Hi all, I have a question regarding the ability of the Lord of Chaos "reaperblade": the description says that once per battle I can declare the Lord of Chaos unleashes the deamon inside the blade so he makes only one attack but inflicts 2D6 dmg.  Do I apply the rule to the profile attacks or also to any other attack the Lord would gain thanks to other units/hero rules (e.g. a Bloodsecrator giving +1 attack)?

2 answers to this question

On 11/1/2017 at 6:52 AM, BaldoBeardo said:

I think the ability overrides any other modifiers to Attack profile.

"Makes only 1 attack" is pretty proscriptive.

That's my Interpretation of the rule as well. But i suppose its how the +1A is generated. The one from Rage of Khorn, Bloodsecrator) is clear that it adds +1 to the Attack Charactersistics of a weapons. This is also the same for the Bloodmarked Warband and the Aspiring Deathbringers Command Ablity. 

A Case could be made maybe for the Wrathmonger bonus as it says "They make one more attack with each melee weapon".  But then it becomes an order of operations question, as this buff isn't added to the weapons profile, it could be added after the activation of the 'reaper blade' ability.  

Archived