Into the Hellpit - Skaven Warlord Veen WIP

robbobobo

Warlord Veen von Squeak, Fleshcarver is the leader of Clan Rekkit,  a war clan that has somehow become ridiculously rich through lies, deceit, dodgy deals and extortion. The only thing they enjoy more than their extensive cache of warpstone is being ostentatious, and none show it off more than Veen Fleshcarver.

I thought a little blurb into the Clan would give a bit of insight into how I'm going to build my warlord. So far, I have an initial build but I'm not sure where to go from there.

IMAG0411.jpg.8597f7f0121ac52d4daf97727d4ac707.jpg

The Island of Blood/Spire of Dawn Warlord was used as a base with Stormvermin bits used to change the model in various aspects.

IMAG0421.jpg.54a864b39ab1e3336042f31b8cea4497.jpg

After a few snips and cutting a lot of excess and useless plastic Veen has most of the parts needed to try some test fits.

IMAG0415.jpg.900a2f8616edb1773ef83d4277a9ef50.jpgIMAG0416.jpg.3c5567f8af266a40bb8d0a49d22f0be7.jpg

Here's the initial build. I kind of like it but I'm not entirely sure how to pose/model him to reflect his personality, otherwise what do you think?

I hope to update this regularly, maybe change it to an army blog if it keeps going.

2 hours ago, robbobobo said:

Warlord Veen von Squeak, Fleshcarver is the leader of Clan Rekkit,  a war clan that has somehow become ridiculously rich through lies, deceit, dodgy deals and extortion. The only thing they enjoy more than their extensive cache of warpstone is being ostentatious, and none show it off more than Veen Fleshcarver.

I thought a little blurb into the Clan would give a bit of insight into how I'm going to build my warlord. So far, I have an initial build but I'm not sure where to go from there.

IMAG0411.jpg.8597f7f0121ac52d4daf97727d4ac707.jpg

The Island of Blood/Spire of Dawn Warlord was used as a base with Stormvermin bits used to change the model in various aspects.

IMAG0421.jpg.54a864b39ab1e3336042f31b8cea4497.jpg

After a few snips and cutting a lot of excess and useless plastic Veen has most of the parts needed to try some test fits.

IMAG0415.jpg.900a2f8616edb1773ef83d4277a9ef50.jpgIMAG0416.jpg.3c5567f8af266a40bb8d0a49d22f0be7.jpg

Here's the initial build. I kind of like it but I'm not entirely sure how to pose/model him to reflect his personality, otherwise what do you think?

I hope to update this regularly, maybe change it to an army blog if it keeps going.

Okay what defines rich in skaven society/your clan? Slaves? Maybe het is being carried on a throne. Is it because he can buy the best stuff? Give him a Stormcast helmet, they must be worth a lot. Or an extra mutated Giant rat on a leash he purchased from clan moulder. 
Is it gold? Base him with a Rat Ogre carrying a massive chest on his shoulder. Or  a redicously long and eleborate and push cape and a Crown. 

Just some thoughts as I think defining rich will automatically spark that inspiration! 

Posing as is looks very natural and great use of bits. 

13 hours ago, Kramer said:

Okay what defines rich in skaven society/your clan? Slaves? Maybe het is being carried on a throne. Is it because he can buy the best stuff? Give him a Stormcast helmet, they must be worth a lot. Or an extra mutated Giant rat on a leash he purchased from clan moulder. 
Is it gold? Base him with a Rat Ogre carrying a massive chest on his shoulder. Or  a redicously long and eleborate and push cape and a Crown.

I do like the Giant Rat idea, though  your idea about posh capes and crowns has me thinking of changing the banner pole to a skull pole, similar to Queek Headtaker, but it holds various crowns and symbols of office.  I had the idea of him carrying small pouches that probably contain more warpstone tokens. He can afford the best and so he should deserve only the best.

I know that I'll be painting the small spikes on the Stormvermin cloaks as warpstone bits to show  off their deep reservoir of warpstone.

5 hours ago, robbobobo said:

I do like the Giant Rat idea, though  your idea about posh capes and crowns has me thinking of changing the banner pole to a skull pole, similar to Queek Headtaker, but it holds various crowns and symbols of office.  I had the idea of him carrying small pouches that probably contain more warpstone tokens. He can afford the best and so he should deserve only the best.

I know that I'll be painting the small spikes on the Stormvermin cloaks as warpstone bits to show  off their deep reservoir of warpstone.

Oj that does sound good. It’s tricky to make a choice but if one of those elements becomes the ‘symbol’ of power you could even give the other heroes the same elements but a bit less to tie it together. 

The symbol of power for the average warlord tends to be (usually) the size of their helmet spike. This is what puts them above even the stormvermin, as their helmet spikes are much smaller. 

Therefore, the most decadent thing to do is to have the biggest helmet spike of them all! :P:P:P

"You speak-call that helmet spike? This-this is helmet spike!"

Archived