Sepulchral guard

Elmir

I take it most people have seen the new AoS warscroll? In case you havent: 

sepguard.jpg

I'm really struggling to find a use for these guys. They have a lot less survivability than regular skeletons and they only just barely make up for with a single extra attack (and possibly extra would with the scythe)... It seems like normal skeletons can do anything these guys can do, just... better.  I'm actually very let down by our first new unit in over 2 years.  

Any thoughts?

I only ever expected them to be a novelty. 80 points for 7 wounds with a 6+.

Who is playing these in AoS? Literally only people who already have the models from playing shadespire.

Anyone who is specifically buying this kit for AoS is mostly using them for conversions for other units. Some great conversion opportunities!

Compared to 10 skeletons, they have more damage output, but they have worse survivability / regeneration - BUT nobody is taking just 10 skeletons anyway. If you're taking just 10 skeletons it's for summoning OR battleline, in which case taking the sepulchral guard INSTEAD is never going to be an option.

Super fragile.  Don't really hit hard.  I just don't see this unit working out.  I don't see this unit ever being better than 5 more grave guard or 10 more skeleton warriors at the same price.  Oor same-ish, haven't kept up with GHII points changes.

I think the best use of these models is as conversion / count as fodder for wight kings and skittle champs.

That's my thoughts too. Snip the spear head off the sepulchral wardens spear and whack a banner on it. There's your infernal standard.

i also 100% agree with the above comments. Would rather spend 80 on 5 grave guard, which can be summoned in also. 

Im quite deflated as I was expecting these guys to get some epic rules, but as death has been getting picked apart lately I was wrong in hoping ????

• 3 months later...

Archived