New BoK Army, Game 1 v Bonesplitters

Greetings from the Warp

Hi all,

Tonight I had my first game with my new BoK army v Bonesplitters and I got annihilated lol! We played Scorched Earth mission.

My list is below and he had... A Shaman type Hero, 2 Shamans on boars, some funny old boys with huge stick things, 2 units of 10 Boar boys, 30 arrow boys and an Idol of Gork..

It didn't look a lot on the table, what 54 models but wowsers that's like 136 odd wounds ?!

Running Murderhost was interesting.. Pre game I rolled 2 7's for both Bloodletters units and a 6 for the Herald. Trying to work out if 120 points was worth it.

He had 8 drops so went first. He killed 13 Bloodletters with the arrow boys, and I lost like a further 5 in Battleshock.. My turn 1 managed to get 30 Bloodletters into combat with these stick dudes and his big arrow boy unit which were both in the centre. Bloodletters did like 14 wounds / 7 arrow boys, but got smashed back by the damage from them killer huge stick dudes (12 Bloodletters were killed from justvtgat 1 unit..)!?

The weakened 12 man Bloodletter unit whiffed their charge. 

It then just went downhill from there lol..

-My 2 Mighty Skullcrusher units were on rear guard duty holding objectives so whilst scored my points, didn't do anything and got charged by the boar units

-Bloodthirsters whiffed against the Idol and Boar boys

-Idol stomped 10 wounds on the WoKBT too, then arrow boys finished him off shooting out of combat at him!!? 

-Bigger bases are great for extending ranges (e.g. Herald on Jug, Bloodthirster etc), as Crimson Crown was great when got it in

-Bloodsectrator was good but his 18" range is interesting in a fast moving army

-Murderhost was meh in the game, however can understand it can be really good and need to keep trying it

-Can't help but think the Blood Host would synergise really well with Blood Tithe however

At the moment the 'fat' in it is the 2 MSC units, the 20 points left over and the Blood Warriors = 400 points in all, however need a third Battleline unit..

Great game, learnt loads. Should be playing Slyvaneth next week  ??

-

IMG_4258.PNG

IMG_4259.PNG

11 hours ago, Kramer said:

Great write, to the point, up. Any changes in your list regarding the treehuggers?

Hey dude thanks for post..

Reflecting on life lol.. I think the list above is decent enough, however I think I will end up changing it..

I could trim / change around 450 points if drop the Blood Warriors, Mighty Skullcrushers, Spawn and add the 20 points spare..

Only snag then is the 3rd Battline unit, and don't want any more Bloodletters as want more variety.. So that would be Blood Warriors anyway,  as don't want Blood Reavers (I think lol?)..

I also have Skulltaker, Karanak and 20 Flesh Hounds that could add in.. 

In terms of making Murderhost work more efficiently, adding a 2nd Bloodsectrator would be good as they could leap frog forwards to always make sure have that 18" bubble.. 

Flesh Hounds seem perfect objective grabbers as for 100 points they're cheap, reasonably durable, fast and can unbind so winner, however just don't want Karanak as General to then unlock them..!?!

31 minutes ago, Killax said:

My friend, there is something odd going on with that list. In the current set up the list isn't legal.
You have to have at least 3 units of Bloodletters/Fleshhounds/Bloodcrushers/Skullcannons.

Arghhhh!?!!!

I used an illegal list lol wuuuut lucky I got annihilated then haha kharma..

Adding in some Fleshhounds for example, at least then makes it legal and gives me what 350 to play with..!?

Archived