Help with my 2k Slaves to Darkness

BootyKnight

Hey all,

Looking for advice for my 2k slaves to darkness list. Planning to join a local tourney next month so I wanna get some advice and criticism on my list before then.

Allegiance: Slaves To Darkness

Leaders

Chaos Lord On Manticore (250) - General - Command Trait : Lord of Terror - Blade & Lance - Artefact : Helm of the Oppressor - Mark of Chaos : Slaanesh

Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140) - Mark of Chaos : Khorne

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160) - Runestaff - Steed

Sayl The Faithless (120)

Bloodsecrator (120) - Banner of Khorne : Banner of Rage - Allies

Units

10 x Chaos Knights (320) -Chaos Glaives - Mark of Chaos : Khorne

10 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (180) -Javelin & Shield - Damned Icon - Mark of Chaos : Khorne

10 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (180) -Javelin & Shield - Damned Icon - Mark of Chaos : Khorne

30 x Chaos Warriors (480) -Greatblade - Mark of Chaos : Khorne

1 x Chaos Spawn (50)

Reinforcement Points (0) Total: 2000 /2000 Allies: 120 / 400 Leaders: 5/6 Battlelines: 4 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4

What do you guys think?

The choices for the Lord on Manticore basically make enemies around him have -4 bravery.

Chaos Warrior w/ Greatblade Sayl bomb + MoK w/ Bloodsecrator.

I made the Lord on Manticore general to make sure the bomb goes off smoothly but am considering giving it to the Lord on Daemonic Mount to buff the Chaos Knight charge.

Marauder Horsemen will be for chaff and objective taking.

Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

After playing a couple of games with a friend yesterday I've been thinking of some changes to the list. 

1) LoDM General over the Lord on Manticore so the knights get really killy.

2) Grabbing a Bloodstoker (allies) to buff the Warrior bomb instead of the Lord on Manticore command ability. Dropping the Chaos Spawn which was just filling out points anyway.

3) Swapping the Sorcerer Lord for a Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (Familiars or Disc?) to accommodate the point difference and get some possible MW out.

Thoughts?

Thanks again!

Unless you need the disc's mobility to zip around and buff units who benefit from having him nearby (and all I can think of off the top of my head for Tzeentch allegiance is Tzaangor banners and Kairic Acolytes' ranged attacks) or get him in place for strategic summoning, the on-foot Summoner's spell seems vastly more powerful, especially if he has Familiars to boost his casting a little.

1 hour ago, merzbau said:

Unless you need the disc's mobility to zip around and buff units who benefit from having him nearby (and all I can think of off the top of my head for Tzeentch allegiance is Tzaangor banners and Kairic Acolytes' ranged attacks) or get him in place for strategic summoning, the on-foot Summoner's spell seems vastly more powerful, especially if he has Familiars to boost his casting a little.

I'll try to proxy playtest it to see how they feel. I'm thinking I need the disc mobility to keep up with the rest of the units on the field since most of my units have a way of moving around the board pretty quickly. But the familiars basically has nice buffs & ablative armor with the familiars so he'll be more effective when I need him?

13 hours ago, jazman84 said:

Halberds are a better option in big blocks than Great Weapons on Chaos Warriors IMO. That way the 2nd rank can attack. Weight of attacks beats out -1 rend in my book. Plus you have the luxury of mortal wound protection.

Truth. I always run them with halberds.... that 5+ keeps them around for a bit

9 hours ago, BootyKnight said:

@jazman84 @Tasman

Hmm, I'll try to proxy it in a casual game this weekend and see. I've been using the great blades in combination with the knights as a double hammer. My experience has been that without the rend that StD has been drawn out battles of attrition. Thoughts? 

I see what you mean, but in a block of 30 you will be dealing on average close to double the attacks with halberds than the great weapons. This is better than a -1 to save.

Archived