Grand Alliance Order

Dorrance

Working towards a Grand Alliance Order army centered around Fyreslayers. Just finished 5 Hearthgiard Bezerkers this week still have the Rune Priest and Hero from Silver Tower to finish. I have a Magmadroth and Vulkite Bezerkers on the way.

let me know what you think. I did the cloth ish parts leather and chose to do the gold green because it popped more than gold on flesh colors. 

Overall I'm pretty happy on how they turned out and I'm excited to paint some more before I expand to some Aelfs and Stormcast. 

Ps. I know I know I need to create a light box. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looking great! Your skin really looks natural, and must be nice and fast airbrushed! All I ask is for a side on? In the WiP photo the manes look like the orange and black are quite blockey next to each other. I second the bases, gives the impression they're charging across a large molten plain with pockets of lava spurting out of the ground. Modelling idea for magmadroth base? ;)

I'll take another pick of them on the side when. I just threw the orange on, blended a little and then crossed my fingers that a mutual wash would tie the hair together. 

After reading the Fyreslayers short stories the visual I got was rocks with lava under it and cracks here and there. I tried to represent that with the cork and magma pools. 

I'm excited to start working on the Magmadroth when it arrives ?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. 

So the first time I did that. That's normally how I have painted the flames on my Menoth and Legion of the Damned but it didn't catch my eye that much so I redid it and hit the raised areas with yellow, then realized it looks like I did it backwards. 

So all I have to say is, the mortal realms are a weird place haha ?

Archived