Charge distance

Tizianolol

Question

5 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, stato said:

Can i extend this question to ask, does a double 1 count as a fail regardless (rule of 1?) or do modifiers apply?  meaning if you have a modifier you cant fail a 3" charge.

Ta.

Is charging listed in the rule of 1? I don't have my Handbook next to me but I'm pretty sure it's not an auto fail if you've got modifiers to your charge. 

1 hour ago, rokapoke said:

Is charging listed in the rule of 1? I don't have my Handbook next to me but I'm pretty sure it's not an auto fail if you've got modifiers to your charge. 

You are probably right, double 1 not specified as fail, just a 1.  I let my opponent do a (modified) charge after rolling a double 1 in a tournament at the weekend, it felt right to, and id already got a good laugh out of it as i called it (double 1) and he forgot about the modifier until after he had almost dropped to his knees in despair LOL!

To answer the OP, if it changes the declare distance it would say. It does this for Stormcast Prosecutors who roll 3D6.  Of course you can still actually move the potential 12+3" into any unit, just you can only declare if one is within 12".

2 hours ago, stato said:

You are probably right, double 1 not specified as fail, just a 1.  I let my opponent do a (modified) charge after rolling a double 1 in a tournament at the weekend, it felt right to, and id already got a good laugh out of it as i called it (double 1) and he forgot about the modifier until after he had almost dropped to his knees in despair LOL!

To answer the OP, if it changes the declare distance it would say. It does this for Stormcast Prosecutors who roll 3D6.  Of course you can still actually move the potential 12+3" into any unit, just you can only declare if one is within 12".

Only rolls of 1 for hits, wounds, and saves auto fail. Nothing else is mentioned in the rule of one.

Archived