My Army need Advice.

Easele n

Hello everyone.

I need help with my army and advice, tips. I know that there are so many ways to play. And it all depends on the person. So the last few games i played i Turtle all the way and it did not help. I have been feeling it has been holding me back. So i need advice on what to do.  I am open to all suggestions. This is my first army and i love the Stormcast.

My army Roster:

Lord-Celestant On Dracoth

Knight-Venator(with Realmhunter's Bow)

Knight-Vexillor (with Meteoric Standard)

Lord-Celestant

Lord-Relictor

Lord-Veritant (with  Gryph-Hound )

2x Liberators (warhammer & Shields)

2x Judicators (Skybolt bow & Shockbolt bow)

Paladin Retributors

Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers

For me this list is one of the best, with a bit changes:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Knight-Venator (120)
- Artefact: Obstinate Blade
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Mystic Light: Lantern of the Tempest
Vandus Hammerhand (280)
- General
Lord-Veritant (120)
- Prayer: Bless Weapons

Battleline
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield

Units
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (100)
5 x Paladin Decimators (200)
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (220)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

The strategy there is protect the 10 liberators with the castellant and try put it in coberture, the judicators behind it and longstrike crossbows at a safe place (on coberture too).

The venator+the longstrike crossbows allow you to crush enemy heros with long range, -2 rend and mortal wounds.

With vexillior you teleport the retributors and decimators (or you can choose two units of retributors or changue the decimators for protectors) directly on the most important enemy units, it allow you to crush their nasty combos and after you delete the menace they have 10 paladins at the core of his army. This strategy works better with two units of 10, but you can do it better at 2500 points.

Vandus, the veritant and the castellant can go close one by other forming "a unit" and getting supported at range wirh the judicators, the castellant have the divine light to give to the group a bit help agains ranged attacks, you can buff with castellant Vandus against a horde withouth rend, they are pretty invulnerable vs hordes with no rend, doesnt matter the number of attacks.

The judicators support your venator and longstrikes, or support you "hero unit", depends on the game.

Remember the veritant is a priest, you can have a prayer, and blessed weapons for retributors + Vandus +1 hit aura are pretty hardcore on the retributors or protectors(vs monsters).

Glad you made it, and welcome to TGA!!!

See, I told you that you'd get better advice here than what I could give.  Looks like you're not far off from the list that he posted and we should have an interesting game next week.
Try poking around the Order Faction forums.  You'll find several Stormcast discussions there as well.

Archived