Soulblight/Vampire Counts deleted Characters

Shogun

Vlad died after sacrificing his life to make sure Isabella survived after she was overtaken by a nurgle demon. so I suspect that we won't see neither especially as they seem to be more looking at much larger monsters heroes being added to the game. 

The official Soulblight list has been available in the Death GA book and GHB1 for over a year now. I think it was a bit disingenuous of GW to mix in the old Compendium units with the official units on the App, as I believe this is responsible for a lot of the confusion we're seeing with this culling. I think it would have been better if they had done the big keyword removal from Compendium units back when the GA books were originally released, as there still seem to be a large number of players who think that Skarsnik, or Skink Chiefs, or Vampire on Abyssal Terror etc. are supposed to be part of the factions they had keywords for, and I think it's clear this was never the design studio's intention.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for new battletomes for all these factions (Flesh-Eaters and Beastclaws style) or even full range expansions like Tzeentch and Sylvaneth got, but I wouldn't expect anything in a hurry!

7 hours ago, FRoper said:

Vlad died after sacrificing his life to make sure Isabella survived after she was overtaken by a nurgle demon. so I suspect that we won't see neither especially as they seem to be more looking at much larger monsters heroes being added to the game. 

Yes, but both characters died before. Plus all three of the other Mortarchs also died during the End Times when the world was destroyed. If they can be recreated by Nagash, so can Vlad, this time most likely with some sort of super monster attached.

2 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

Yes, but both characters died before. Plus all three of the other Mortarchs also died during the End Times when the world was destroyed. If they can be recreated by Nagash, so can Vlad, this time most likely with some sort of super monster attached.

GW made Neferata and Mannfred the two head vampires of AOS the mortarch kit was made in mind for AOS. Lore wise going by josh Reynolds ask fm nagash had more of a use for mannfred for whatever reason. He has one von carstein he can control and in whfb mannfred was always an unknowing disciple of nagash. Arkhan even states in the end times mannfred is actually his best servant it's just that neither recognised or realized it.

18 hours ago, shinros said:

GW made Neferata and Mannfred the two head vampires of AOS the mortarch kit was made in mind for AOS. Lore wise going by josh Reynolds ask fm nagash had more of a use for mannfred for whatever reason. He has one von carstein he can control and in whfb mannfred was always an unknowing disciple of nagash. Arkhan even states in the end times mannfred is actually his best servant it's just that neither recognised or realized it.

Unfortunately Mannfred costs 420 points and can't be used as an ally for Soulblight in 2000 pts battles

2 hours ago, Shogun said:

Unfortunately Mannfred costs 420 points and can't be used as an ally for Soulblight in 2000 pts battles

I really wish it were otherwise. I think mannfred would be a great leader for almost any death army. I really hope they will change his cost to 400 because of this very reason.

9 hours ago, Shogun said:

I know, he is sitting in my case crying right now hence why I am still waiting for a death battle tome similar to the chaos ones. The same with nagash haven't cracked him out of the box yet. :(

Archived