I need a 1000 points seraphon list with start collecting! box included.

PowerCreep

Hey everyone,

After a long process of choosing my army, I think i will go for seraphon, purely because of their looks and the fact that i love the lizardmen lore from WFB.

Basically I want to buy a start collecting box plus gh 2 so I could get a few games in, and thats where my problems start:

1-How should I build my carnosaur kit,

2-How should i expand it to 1000 points.I know I get around 450 points (without converting a knight to a veteran), and would like to expand it with a slann (if possible) and not to cost TOO MUCH (65 euros or 55 pounds or 85 dollars using a third party website (I like Wayland games) for those 500 points.)

Thanks!

I have been watching a few of these battle reports with a 1000 point Seraphon army based around a Carnosaur on wargameronline.com.

There is a pretty cool girl (seen below) who runs them on there quite a bit and it might help you make some choices.  One of the battles she uses whatever is painted (vs Ironjaws)  but on some of them makes more tactical choices for her army.  You can watch a few of them and get a lot of ideas on how to supplement your focal point (the carnosaur) and also see what was effective for that model (she took some pretty good artifacts that gave him some pretty good saves, let him heal a wound or more, and buff his sauron warriors too in the Skaven one).  Skinks should not be overlooked and the Chameleon Skinks offer a cool deep-strike ability (and I personally love chameleons anyways).  One caveat, these are all based off of GHB-01 so some things will be different such as abilities and artifacts.

2 minutes ago, Travis Baumann said:

I have been watching a few of these battle reports with a 1000 point Seraphon army based around a Carnosaur on wargameronline.com.

There is a pretty cool girl (seen below) who runs them on there quite a bit and it might help you make some choices.  One of the battles she uses whatever is painted (vs Ironjaws)  but on some of them makes more tactical choices for her army.  You can watch a few of them and get a lot of ideas on how to supplement your focal point (the carnosaur) and also see what was effective for that model (she took some pretty good artifacts that gave him some pretty good saves, let him heal a wound or more, and buff his sauron warriors too in the Skaven one).  Skinks should not be overlooked and the Chameleon Skinks offer a cool deep-strike ability (and I personally love chameleons anyways).  One caveat, these are all based off of GHB-01 so some things will be different such as abilities and artifacts.

A bit expansive for me

NO I wathced them adn i can't afford such armies in terms of cash I am a teen adn those armies seem a bit too expansive for just 1000 points even though they are cool

So i kinds came up with this list, tell me what you think:

Bloodclaw Starhost-(100 points, I think?)

Firelance Starhost-100 points

Saurus Oldblood on a Carnosaur-280 points

blade of realities

general

Saurus s.v. on a cold one-100 points (I think?)

Saurus oldblood on foot- 120 points

1 unit of 20 s.w.- 200 points

3 units of 5 knights-300 points

Trog.-220 points (I think?)

Total: 1420 points (but I am sure I got one or two point costs wrong)

What do you think, 75 pounds using a third party website plus 20 on paints and another 10 for the GH 2.

I think its not that bad for 100 pounds, certainly more cheap then a console.

11 hours ago, PowerCreep said:

NO I wathced them adn i can't afford such armies in terms of cash I am a teen adn those armies seem a bit too expansive for just 1000 points even though they are cool

So i kinds came up with this list, tell me what you think:

Bloodclaw Starhost-(100 points, I think?)

Firelance Starhost-100 points

Saurus Oldblood on a Carnosaur-280 points

blade of realities

general

Saurus s.v. on a cold one-100 points (I think?)

Saurus oldblood on foot- 120 points

1 unit of 20 s.w.- 200 points

3 units of 5 knights-300 points

Trog.-220 points (I think?)

Total: 1420 points (but I am sure I got one or two point costs wrong)

What do you think, 75 pounds using a third party website plus 20 on paints and another 10 for the GH 2.

I think its not that bad for 100 pounds, certainly more cheap then a console.

You need one more hero to complete the Bloodclaw Starhost.

Your list has 1470 points. The troglodon is 180 points, the firelance 110 and the bloodclaw are 200.

20 minutes ago, Screwface said:

Definitely 1490.

Allegiance: Order
Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
Saurus Oldblood (100)
- Suntooth Maul
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
10 x Saurus Guard (200)
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
Troglodon (180)
Bloodclaw Starhost (200)
Firelance Starhost (110)

Total: 1470/2000

42 minutes ago, Jocho said:

Saurus Oldblood (100)
- Suntooth Maul
10 x Saurus Guard (200)
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
Troglodon (180)
Bloodclaw Starhost (200)
Firelance Starhost (110)

Are you getting this from Warscroll Builder or from the actual GH17 book itself?

18 minutes ago, Jocho said:

It's from the warscroll builder, but it is updated to GHb2017.

I was taking my numbers from the book so either I'm a dumbass who can't count (perfectly possible) or there is a discrepancy (I know a few discrepancies have been spotted so this might be another). I'll triple check this evening.

2 hours ago, Jocho said:

Saurus Oldblood (100)
- Suntooth Maul
10 x Saurus Guard (200)
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
Troglodon (180)
Bloodclaw Starhost (200)
Firelance Starhost (110)

Th Oldblood on foot is 120 in the book. Warscroll builder is being fixed. 1490 points. 

If you want to go cheap just do the following for 1000pt

Buy two Start Collecting boxes and a Starpriest.

Build both Carnosaurs.
convert one of the Troglodon riders so he will be your Skink Priest.
Actually you could also convert the second one and call him your Starpriest. Very easy and that way you could even do without the GW Starpriest.
Use the spare shield from the Carnosaur kit to build a Scarvet on Cold one out of one of the Knights.

So now you have:

Priest
Starpriest
Oldblood on Carno
Scarvet on Carno
24 Saurus Warriors
15 Saurus Knights

You could play this list for example:

Allegiance: Seraphon
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
- Warblade
- Artefact: Blade of Realities
Skink Priest (80)
- Priestly Trappings
Skink Starpriest (80)
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
- General
- Trait: Thickly Scaled Hide
- Artefact: Coronal Shield
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
Firelance Starhost (110)

Total: 910/ 2000

Or this one:

Allegiance: Seraphon
Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
- General
- Trait: Thickly Scaled Hide
- Artefact: Prism of Amyntok
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
- Warblade
- Artefact: Coronal Shield
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
Firelance Starhost (110)

Total: 930/2000

And of course you can also leave the Bataillon out and instead play some Warriors, or maybe use only one Carno and instead play the Oldblood and some Warriors.

Also you can easily expand from there. You can add Slann, Skinks and a lot of other stuff depending on which play style you prefer.

If you play open play it is even possible to kitbash you some Celestial Swarms from the Carnosaur kit. Those are cool (and yes I am angry at GW that those are practically unplayable in matched play now).

I think you can do 1000pts even cheaper than above:

Start Collecting Box - £40 (I'm using Wayland prices at you mentioned them)
Saurus Knights Box - £16

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur 280
Skink Priest/Starpriest* 80
Scar Vet on Cold One** 100

5x Knights 100
5x Knights 100
5x Knights 100
10 Warriors 100

Firelance Starhost 110

TOTAL 970pts

* Make this using the components provided on the Troglodon Kit
** Make this using a Saurus Knight hero with as much cool stuff as you can fit ^_^

The list won't be amazing, but it won't be terrible and the Carnosaur alone is enough to trouble some lists at that size.   

15 minutes ago, Tozon said:

I think you can do 1000pts even cheaper than above:

Start Collecting Box - £40 (I'm using Wayland prices at you mentioned them)
Saurus Knights Box - £16

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur 280
Skink Priest/Starpriest* 80
Scar Vet on Cold One** 100

5x Knights 100
5x Knights 100
5x Knights 100
10 Warriors 100

Firelance Starhost 110

TOTAL 970pts

* Make this using the components provided on the Troglodon Kit
** Make this using a Saurus Knight hero with as much cool stuff as you can fit ^_^

The list won't be amazing, but it won't be terrible and the Carnosaur alone is enough to trouble some lists at that size.   

Thanks! 

Also how shoudl i expand?

Can i get an eternity warden plus guard (so basically my cav runs adn kills as much as possible while my guard caps objectives, and everyone that survives will be kill easily)

or sunclaw or shadowstrike?

maybe even a slann?

14 minutes ago, PowerCreep said:

Also how should I expand?

The joy of Seraphon at the moment is that the GHB2017 has turned the army on it's head so no one knows the "best" way currently.

Look at :

1. What you like - the most important thing!
  2. Are there any synergies with what you have?
  3. Do any of the units need fleshing out?
  4. What do you want to do more?  Charge more?  More Knights/ Carnos, Magic More? Add a Slann
  5. Is there anything missing? Do you want a horde unit to firm up your objectives, or some rending shooting to get past that Stormcast armour?

Basically the world is kind of your oyster.  

For me, I love the variety Seraphon offer, and all the synergies so I'd build that 1000pts as a cheap base then buy a new unit I like, fit that into 1k and then repeat a few times.  By then you've hit 1500pts, got some options and played some games so you know what you want to do and how you want to play.

Just take it slow and enjoy the ride!

3 hours ago, Tozon said:

The joy of Seraphon at the moment is that the GHB2017 has turned the army on it's head so no one knows the "best" way currently.

Look at :

4. What do you want to do more?  Charge more?  More Knights/ Carnos, Magic More? Add a Slann
  5. Is there anything missing? Do you want a horde unit to firm up your objectives, or some rending shooting to get past that Stormcast armour?

For me, I love the variety Seraphon offer, and all the synergies so I'd build that 1000pts as a cheap base then buy a new unit I like, fit that into 1k and then repeat a few times.  By then you've hit 1500pts, got some options and played some games so you know what you want to do and how you want to play.

Thanks just for the fun could you share your list with me?

The thing is this is my first wargame ever so I kinda don't know my optimal strategy.

Just now, PowerCreep said:

The thing is this is my first wargame ever so I kinda don't know my optimal strategy.

Als

3 hours ago, Tozon said:

Look at :

Also do you if the slann works with saurus units and start collecting box?

I just like their look and story just I don't know any tips on how to use them in a saurus army

1 hour ago, PowerCreep said:

Als

I just like their look and story just I don't know any tips on how to use them in a saurus army

Sure!

Slann are the leaders of that army. They might not fit too well in a very small list, but from ~1200 points upward they are of good use with the new rules. They are great for buffing your army and they can summon units. They also have good command traits available if they are your general.

Also they look cool.

I just wish GW would finally release a plastic Slann....

13 minutes ago, Aginor said:

Sure!

Slann are the leaders of that army. They might not fit too well in a very small list, but from ~1200 points upward they are of good use with the new rules. They are great for buffing your army and they can summon units. They also have good command traits available if they are your general.

Also they look cool.

Well thats out of tyhe window i am new to this and i don't think i can work with resin :C

I am painting up my old skool Slaan like a poison arrow frog.

I have a super old skool Serphon army:

1x Slann Priest on Palanquin w/ 4 Saurons carrying it 

1x Stegadon w/ howda and 6 skink crew 

1x Kroxigor 

3x Skinks on Cold Ones - converted 

12x metal Skinks w/ javelins – hero, standard, and musician 

35x plastic Sauron Warriors w/ hand weapons and shields 

64 x Skink archers 

Some of these things do not even exist in the current rule set so I am going to do some conversions or adaptations and then see what I should pick up (I need some more big dino-war weapons and I like the chameleon guys too).

To OP...  A  Slaan general can lead an entirely Seraphon force and not only buff them but dominate with magic.   Slaan are really awesome sorcerers so if magic is your thing, you want one or a Starpriest.

20170314_130504.jpg

5 hours ago, PowerCreep said:

I don't really have "A List", I normally switch things round every game as I'm not a tournament player so there's no need to search for perfection.  The things I am really enjoying at the moment are:

1. Slanns - with the "Vast Intellect" trait they feel really powerful, like they were/ are portrayed in the fiction (I'm still stuck in WHFB fiction!)
  2. Hordes of Skinks - I've always used blocks of 10 before but with the reduction meaning there's 20 for 200pts(!) I've really enjoyed teleporting them round the board being a nuisance
  3. Ripperdactlys - Shadowstrike formation for a turn one 'Alpha Strike' is just a thing of beauty
5 hours ago, PowerCreep said:

The Slann can work with anything in the army to be honest, it's just a great general choice now.  Sit them with the saurus, buff them with Mystic Shield, Summon Starlight and watch your Saurus stick around for longer than is fair! 

3 hours ago, PowerCreep said:

Well thats out of tyhe window i am new to this and i don't think i can work with resin :C

Resin is fine, the Slann cast is just a bit......rough.  Just Superglue instead of Plastic Glue and if you have any questions then ask around here!

4 hours ago, Aginor said:

Deja Vu :D

Archived