Ironjawz List Advice

Helios562

Alright so I'm starting ironjawz for the new generals handbook, my 2000 point list is 1 megaboss on foot, 3 warchanters, and 45 brutes seperated into 3 groups of 15 with the ironfist battalion, I'm mianly playing for fun but would also like advice

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So

140 - Megaboss

240 - Warchanters *3 - (80*3)

540 - Brutes *15 (180*3)

540 - Brutes *15

540 - Brutes *15

160 - Ironfist

2160 Points Total

You are 160 Overcosted? Either the Ironfist or 2 warchanters. That or drop a unit of brutes down to 10.
I'm not by any means a good or experienced player but most of the threads I've seen have units of 10 brutes, it seems that would be easier to manage in terms of getting presence around the board and optimizing the Boss vs Unit size. Potentially you could swap to 4 units of 10 brutes, 40 total, this would bring you 20 points under, give you an extra unit which is another Brute Boss and if you wanted to you could spend those 20 points to swap to a Brutefist over an Ironfist.

140 - Megaboss

240 - Warchanters *3 - (80*3)

360 - Brutes *10 (180*2)

360 - Brutes *10

360 - Brutes *10

360 - Brutes *10

180 - Brutefist

2000 Points Total

Again, I'm far from a competitive or even good player but I've been doing exactly the same calculations you have as to what I want in my list as I'm also starting out. Another thing to consider is the 400 points of allies or 450 points for a unit of 30 Ardboys. Give the Ardboys 20 shields and 10 double choppa then have them in front of your Brutes to soak the enemy charge allowing you to counter charge through the Ardboys, using cheesy model/unit positioning, with the Brutes to make sure you don't get overwhelmed. 

If I do this I'm thinking about having the brutes armed with Jagged Gore-Hackas so that they could attack from behind an Ardboy line, you'd only need the boss to get within 1/2" which would put him in range to attack and the opponent could only declare 2/3 models for attacks against the brutes with teh Ardboys eating the rest. Same could be done with a unit of 60 Grots but ew grots.

All battalions got a cost increase, most of them were just to good for what they cost. Now a Battalion is at least to some extent a choice.

You also get the additional artefact with it which is really sweet given the new Ironjawz ones. Destroyer on your Megaboss (+1 wound to his boss choppa) and The Boss Skewer on one of your warchanters (12" Aura, +1 Bravery for IJ, -1 Bravery for enemies).

8 hours ago, Helios562 said:

Wow that's crazy!

Not really. All battalions have gone up across the board as an exercise in overall game balance. That said, the Ironfist is one that should've raised substantially without this. It's that good. 60 points was way too cheap for it.

Your list is interesting and potentially has some legs. You will 100% be relying on Bestial Charisma to keep those units in the fight. The Boss Skewer is probably worth it as well for the turns you roll poorly on the D3.

Ahh okay cool cool thanks, my plan is to have a fun list because I just really like brutes, and to combo the warchanters ability with the megaboss reroll 1s with the brutes so they will always reroll hits and hit on 2s and have them all with choppas

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think Ironjawz is now the best destruction faction. They were already above average, but unlike bonesplitter they now get point discount and new allegeance ability. 

i really like the ardboys now, at 450 pts for 30 it's now one of the most cost effective unit. You should consider including some instead of brutes.

Also Goregruntas are now quite nice at 140 pts.

Archived