AoS Skirmish skeletons cost too much!

paulbarr

Hey,

I've been playing a good bit of AoS Skirmish and the DeathRattle guys seem a bit expensive. 

Their ability to get models back does not work in Skirmish, so at 2 points for Skeletons and 3 for Grave Guard makes them very expesnive compared to their conterparts in other armies. It feels like they should be 1 for Skeletons, and 2 for Grave Guard. Thoughts? 

But is this not a general problem with a lot of units for Death? Zombies, skelletons and ghouls all depend on being in a massive unit and coming back when they are slain. In other words, how does Death players deal with this? So far the Death players I have played against all relied on Nighhaunts and grave guards. 

I second the spirit hosts/grave guard combination. I kitbashed a unit of 10 characterful skeletons with swords specifically for skirmish, and then quickly found that they weren’t quite as good outside a horde. The would definitely be more useful if they were cheaper for minding objectives and keeping dangerous enemies busy.

7 hours ago, paulbarr said:

Hey,

I've been playing a good bit of AoS Skirmish and the DeathRattle guys seem a bit expensive. 

Their ability to get models back does not work in Skirmish, so at 2 points for Skeletons and 3 for Grave Guard makes them very expesnive compared to their conterparts in other armies. It feels like they should be 1 for Skeletons, and 2 for Grave Guard. Thoughts? 

No idea why this is in the Chaos section but...

You have to realise that all they did in Skirmish was take the points costs they were using at the time, and divide the number by models in unit and then by 5 and that's the renown they ended up. The renown costs didn't take into consideration at all what benefit or detriments a unit got for being single models.

The system is not meant for a fully fleshed out and balanced game. It is meant to get people playing Age of Sigmar with fewer models and quickly progress onto something bigger (Such as Path to Glory).

Spirit Hosts are totally the way to go, but just like inunn I painted up some skeletons and then found them to be no good. I get too that its not a fully fledged system - its just that reducing the cost of the Skeletons by 1 and the Grave Guard by 1 would seem to just fix this issue. It's more I want to play with the selection of models that I have painted, than only get to use certain one. 

Is there somewhere GM 'offical' that I can post questions to? I'm optimistically looking for an errata

Archived