Blades of khorne 2k list. C&C please

Gotrek

Looking at the leaked pics i was a little sad that i cant fit a maxed brass stampede with a gorepilgrims in a 2k list so i did some playing around and want to see what people think.

Gore pilgrims (180)

2x10 bloodreavers (140)

1x5 blood warriors (100)

1 blood secrator (120)

2x slaughter priest (200)

Brass stampede (180)

5x3 skull crushers (700)

1 jugger lord (140)

3 korgoraths (240)

2000/2000

Korgoraths are just there because i like them, i can drop them but at 80 points each i dont see why i should.

I've been running a Gore Pilgrims + Brass Stampede (non-maxed) combo for a while now and honestly the GHB2 changes have made very little difference in my list.  Overall I lost 1 Slaughterpriest is all for the increase in battalions.  Now I'll grant you that my local group isn't comprised of super competitive players running the latest meta lists, so I can get away with running a bit 'relaxed' lists when I want to and I'd certainly consider this to be one of those effective but not competitive lists. YMMV but I'll toss up my list here for reference.

1x Lord on Juggernaut

1x Bloodsecrator

1x Slaughterpriest

1x Slaughterpriest

1x Bloodstoker

10x Bloodreavers

10x Bloodreavers

10x Bloodwarriors

10x Bloodwarriors

6x Mighty Skullcrushers

3x Mighty Skullcrushers

3x Might Skullcrushers

Gore Pilgrims

Brass Stampede

2000/2000 (GH2017)

21 minutes ago, Jharen said:

I've been running a Gore Pilgrims + Brass Stampede (non-maxed) combo for a while now and honestly the GHB2 changes have made very little difference in my list.  Overall I lost 1 Slaughterpriest is all for the increase in battalions.  Now I'll grant you that my local group isn't comprised of super competitive players running the latest meta lists, so I can get away with running a bit 'relaxed' lists when I want to and I'd certainly consider this to be one of those effective but not competitive lists. YMMV but I'll toss up my list here for reference.

1x Lord on Juggernaut

1x Bloodsecrator

1x Slaughterpriest

1x Slaughterpriest

1x Bloodstoker

10x Bloodreavers

10x Bloodreavers

10x Bloodwarriors

10x Bloodwarriors

6x Mighty Skullcrushers

3x Mighty Skullcrushers

3x Might Skullcrushers

Gore Pilgrims

Brass Stampede

2000/2000 (GH2017)

My list down to the point. BUT I've been running the reavers in a group of 20 to benefit from priest buffs (I occasionally increase their save to bubble wrapp command group more efficiently.)

Yes I've run them as 20 before, same with the Bloodwarriors.  Both ways have their benefits and draw backs.  Honestly the reavers I use more for distractions/area denial/objective claiming than any real threat, and as you mentioning, keeping the command safe.

My previous list (pre GHB2017) had 20 points remaining, which meant I often swapped out a Slaughterpriest for Valkia.  So that's something I've lost the ability to do given the point changes, but oh well.  I've not gotten games in yet using the new book so I will be trying various combinations of things out of my collection.

I still feel this base list offers some flexibility in what I can drop in and out of it.  I could drop 3x Skullcrushers out of the 6 man unit and take Valkia for instance.  I could drop 10 Bloodwarriors and gain 200 points to toss into heroes or allies.  Another Bloodsecrator never hurts of course, though I personally seem to have this thing against running more than one, but if your local level of competition demands it go for it.  Also given Skarr Bloodwrath point drop I'm tempted to start running him again so I may try to squeeze him in sometime (though I'd want enough in reserve to bring him back to life at least once).

Overall I feel that what I have here is a solid foundation of a Gore Pilgrims + Brass Stampede list, which can be altered in various small ways to customize without changing the overall function of the list, which hopefully is useful to the OP and others in forming ideas for their own army.

Archived