Blight war - new starter? New boadgame? New campaign?

Sadysaneto

Yeah it would have been nice to see blight war as a Sylvaneth vs Nurgle in the box, but I'm not adverse to some multi-part stormcast as a jumping in point for experienced modellers who don't like the monopose aspect of Easy to Build. 

From a business perspective, I can see why GW would want to push Stormcast into a similar dominant position as Space Marines. They'll make a heck of a lot more on a new kit if 80% of players can use it in their army. However, I do think that with Grand Alliances they're missing a trick in that any order player can use any unit, so why not encourage people with a stormcast army to take an allied contingent of Sylvaneth or Karadrons? Personally I'd love to see a death versus destruction starter kit with some easy to build Brutes and a proper horde of skellies/new zombies to get the foundation of that horde army built.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder of the blightwar will fan out into a bigger event. I'm not that excited about more fluff on the battle for Ghyran. I feel like we've allready Deen a lot of this realm while others are barely explored. Blightwar seema to indicate it will be all about Nurgle, while the realmgate wars seemed bigger? 

I'm think I might try to pick up some cheap Nurgle daemons on eBay with this new starter though, so hurray for affordable models?

Does anyone know how long these kind of boxes remain available? I live in Brazil and really want to get one, just need to plan ahead to get a good deal and it might take a while. These big boxes can get pretty expensive when they arrive here.

Archived