Future of Skirmish

If Mordheim is coming back thats awesome but I actually rather have a more detailed version of the Skirmish rules. One containing more models, rules for injuries and rules for exploring the city and advancing warbands? I like the setting of the mortal realms and how open it is if they decided to fit the mindset of Mordheim into that. That would be number one for me.

9 minutes ago, Cordova said:

it appears Necromunda 2.0 may be be different to the old game

Yeah, apparently on the GW facebook page they mentioned in a comment that the new Necromunda will be loosely based on 40k 8th ed rules, just as the original was loosely based on whatever edition was out at the time. I think taking the same approach to a Mordheim successor would mean pretty much what you suggested! Shadespire would seem to fit the bill...

On 8/18/2017 at 5:05 PM, Cordova said:

I'm guessing they'd just "find" a city in one of the Mortal Realms, which has some background that gives it a similar "feel" to the Olde World town of Mordheim, give the rules a fix-up, and call it done?  Certainly that's what I'd assumed upon hearing Mordheim's being re-done - a v2.0, with the same feel as the original, but transferred to the current setting.  For what it's worth, Shadespire (the setting, not the upcoming game) feels "a bit like" Mordheim (to me). :) 

On a related-but-slightly-tangential note, from what I've heard (the Warhammer Community post, and some bits on the YakTribe forum), it appears Necromunda 2.0 may be be different to the old game (confirmed expanded background and new gangs, rumoured Frostgrave-style activation with action pools, which could be neat) - I'd imagine Mordheim 2.0 would get a similar treatment, although I could be wrong.

I was already of the mind that Shadespire was new Mordheim setting in AoS(Mordheim obviously being destroyed with the old world) and with that, I already suspected that Shadespire, would be their "small" game in the AoS setting with the Skirmish rules being the bone thrown to existing AoS player for small scale rules. If they really are changing Necromunda significantly too keep up with other small skirmish games like Frostgrave, then that only cements my thought that the upcoming Shadespire game is the new "small" AoS game and Mordheim replacement.

12 hours ago, The Cranky Dwarf said:

I really think gw made a mistake not giving points for more models. The roster choices are so limited that a lot of people can't fit their army into a skirmish list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I think if anything, it just reveals what Skirmish' true colours are.

The game doesn't really have the depth to be something you play on a regular basis. It's not meant to replace Age of Sigmar, just be an entry point into the game. And the first thing you generally buy when you get into the game, is likely some form of plastic kit straight off the shelves in the store.

I suppose from that level, I'm alright with it, especially given the price point.

If the game had more depth to it (i.e something you might want to play 100s of games of and not be fussed you weren't playing something different), then I think I'd have a lot bigger of an issue as there are many thematic units that are only available in non-plastic material. 

So I guess in that respects, I've just accepted the fact there aren't 'official' renown for everything, and if I ever want to use non-pointed stuff I  can discuss it with my group (Whom most people are completely happy with unnoficial renown anyway).

Archived