I've been out a while, looking for a quick update

MechaBriZilla

Hi all!

It's been a while since I've been around the gaming community.  It's how I am, I have like 800 hobbies and tend to bounce around a bit.  I sort of lost steam with AoS since I don't have much opportunity to play, and my preferred armies, all of GA:Death, seemed to be getting ignored.

Anyway,  I want to get back into the flow.  I miss painting, and that should carry me for a bit, even if I still can't get any games in.  Plus, I have plenty of models in my queue, I don't necessarily need to buy anything...

But, I'd like to... ;)

So skimming through the forums a bit, but I was wondering, in general, where the state of our GA is, looks like we have yet to have anything resembling attention, but maybe I've missed something. 

<grumble />

Moving on, what's the state of the game at large, from our perspective?  How is skirmish working out?  Any new hotness for us?  Things I need to pick up, to get back to up to speed?  My last purchase was the General's Handbook.  I hear we have a new one on the way, so the rumors of yearly updates seem to have been true.

Anyway, I guess I'm just opening the door for you to tell me what's awesome and not so awesome right now.  But, I ask politely, please accentuate the positive, and minimize the negative.  I've been on a long enough break now, looking to rebuild the excitement, and if my observations are correct, and there really hasn't been anything new for our GA, being excited to role back in will be hard enough...

With Shadespire coming out I'm hoping that Death will receive some tlc. Definitely getting some new skellies so maybe, perhaps, possibly there could be something more on the horizon... Fingers crossed! Check out the new skelly models - they're awesome! 

15 hours ago, Kramer said:

Skirmish is great and this weekend a full path to glory supplement drops with more factions than ever. (Or at least new ones, we'll see on Saturday :) )

I just saw this.  I'm very interested in picking up Skirmish.  I have Army ADD, so that's right up my ally. ;)

New stuff since last year?

Stormcasts vanguard wing - the scouty/fast stormcasts & more good shooting.

Kharadron Overlords - airship dwarfs with lots of good shooting

Tzeentch - All subfactions rolled into 1 book and lots of good shooting.

Khorne - all subfactions rolled into 1 book and alliance ability that helps them run across the table and fight as units die.

Archived