Marauder Horsemen

Infernalslayer

Greetings my chaos brethren,

I was thinking of picking up some marauder Horsemen as they are one of the few basic chaos units that i still do not own.

What is in your opinion the most optimal loadout for their equipment? I found an assembled unit of ten for a reasonable price, but they come only with barbarian flails which seems to me like the less useful option for them?

I guess the flails would work in a Khorne army with rerolls and bonuses to hit rolls but that seems to limit their usefulness in other lists. How do you use them?

Indeed, the javelins do seem like a good choice and they can be paired with shields.

On the warscroll description it is mentioned that shields could be equipped even if the unit is armed with barbarian flails if i read it correctly, while the models themselves use both arms to hold the flails. So, you can just stick the shields on their shoulder/back and used them legally, right?

Unless there is an update to the rules which doesn't allow for shooting attacks when engaged with enemy troops, the javelins look like the most rewarding equipment the more i look at it.

Yep you can have shields and flails.

Even with an update you'd still get twice as many attacks just by staying out of combat which wouldn't be hard with the the feigned flight rule.

They're also very nice models, being as though they are a much newer kit compared with the foot Marauders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Infernalslayer said:

Indeed, i still haven't picked up the foot Marauders because of their sculpts and will probably pick alternate company miniatures for them. The horsemen do look good though!

for marauder on foot, you can start converting from kairic acolytes

8 minutes ago, Infernalslayer said:

I have been thinking on doing that for Tzeentch Marauders. For regular ones i might grab the Avatars of War marauders as they look like nice models.

terrible moulds though, look epic in pics but the plastic is garbage and very bland. 

cant stand AoW stuff i feel they massively over sell it in the advertisement picture compare to actual models 

55 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

terrible moulds though, look epic in pics but the plastic is garbage and very bland. 

cant stand AoW stuff i feel they massively over sell it in the advertisement picture compare to actual models 

I've got AoW models I use as Chosen, the "Wasteland Warriors or Wrath with Great Weapons" and I found them to be decent enough. Once painted and based on nice rounds they look pretty badass. And 16 of them was far cheaper than buying 15 Chosen from GW haha.

Archived