Tzeentch : burning charriot or Herald on charriot

pseudonyme

Hi guys,

I recently threw money out of the window by buying the Tzeentch demons Start collecting box and hopefuly dodged my wife's disaprouving stare.

Being more a painter (had à real blast painting a pink horror today), I might play with my toy soldier one day or another.

my question is: what is the most fun to play (I am not particularly searching for the most efficient "build") either AoS or 40k: the burning charriot or the Herald on charriot?

thanks guys.

Go herald on foot and burning chariot with exalted flamer !!! In AoS if u want to play its only reasonable choice. Herald with 2bolts in turn plus vortex its d12 mortal with 36 inches range what its easy to cast with blue scribes and/or lord of change buff

Wysłane z mojego SM-G928F przy użyciu Tapatalka

I never magnetised anything, where did you put the magnet on that model: at the "junction point" (excuse my frenglish) of the small disc?

Small disc that you you did not glued to the larger one?

And finally, do you transform your herald in a herald on the "flying disc" or "on foot", and if so, with or without a proper base?

Sorry for the big load of questions,  but as I have yet to paint all the minis, I have plenty of time deciding the road I will take.

This is how I did it.

But I'd suggest using smaller magnets.

I used part of the plastic tray (is this anywhere near the correct word?) and glued it inside the large disc as you would normally glue the flames to the small disc.

IMG_7265.JPG

Assemble the herald on the chariot disc.

Using the secondary "flames" add those to a 60mm base. Magnetize the bottom of the disc so that you can swap it from chariot to herald on disc.

And you can do it with 1/4" magnets. (~6mm) (lemme see if I can dig up my build picture)

14 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

I never magnetised anything, where did you put the magnet on that model: at the "junction point" (excuse my frenglish) of the small disc?

Small disc that you you did not glued to the larger one?

And finally, do you transform your herald in a herald on the "flying disc" or "on foot", and if so, with or without a proper base?

Sorry for the big load of questions,  but as I have yet to paint all the minis, I have plenty of time deciding the road I will take.

I made a disc from the bits too. Bury a magnet (I used 3mm diameter magnets. Which is a bit small to be honest, use 6mm) in the middle of the disc and the disc part of the chariot. I also have a empty base with a magnet in to for the flamer to stand on.

I have the herald on a normal base with a magnet under it, if you do your basing right then the base will not look bad on a disc or chariot.

Thanks for all the tips. Once I will finish (or start as I only painted one pink horror so far) painting the Pink horrors, Flamers and Screamers, I will do my best and share my painful learning here.

One more question: what did you do with the blue horrors on the burning charriot? Did you glued / magnetised them on the burning charriot or simply make them standard Blue horrors?

As a "reward" for your help, this is my first painted Magenta horror. Disclaimer: I think it still needs some highlights (on the photo the highlights are provided by my friend: the sun).

e5a293b09c93043e6e8b7efd15832163.jpg 

Nice. Fulgrim Pink will give you an "edge pop" unless you're looking for a smoother gradient.

So, in AoS the Blue Horrors are only used on the Exalted Flamer on Burning Chariot. (In 40k they're used in both.)

I assembled mine as "stand-alone" to put magnets in The blue horrors on 25mm bases (with 1/8" or 3mm magnets) and add magnets under the base of the chariot so they travel along with the base. (Not glued to the actual chariot disk)

No more pink for me, as of now I brighten warcolours Pink 3 (or 4) with white to get a nice gradient (note that I based this mini with Magenta from Prince August (Vallejo for the non french roaming here) ).

But I think to still buy some more paints (does it ever stop?), fluorescent ones (Magenta, blue and yellow as I already have orange and green) to go on total Tzeentch shenanigans road like below (with less green and yellow as I will try to keep magenta and blue predominant).

DDuSafGW0AAUiEy?format=jpg

source: Louise Sugden twitter account https://mobile.twitter.com/sughammer/status/881459167118196736

• 1 month later...

Guess I will use this topic to publish my slow painting of my Tzeentch toy soldiers

Over-exposed and not finished (eyes and more contrast on the multiple heads of 2 flamers).

Disclaimer: in real life, the orange, pink and green fluorescent paints make the miniatures pop :) .

f33f6091804be98143aa461fba1a6d5f.md.jpg
b9fa6d1917c1cd8d95d911007c77252f.md.jpg
111fd59d469d20319ca5669e07fb7614.md.jpg
5481c65457db7cdc5ab50bdc4378f2f2.md.jpg

Archived