Fellwater Moonclan

Congratz

I have tried really hard to make a somewhat competitve army with a troll hag (400 point is pretty expensive) but i finally got the idea. What are your thoughts?

1x Skarnsik, Warlord of the Eight Peaks

1x Troll hag

1x Warboss on Cave Squig

1x Grot Shaman

20x Grots (stabbas n' shield, full command)

20x Grots (stabbas n' shield, full command)

20x Grots (stabbas n shield, full command

2x Grot Fanatic

2x Grot Fanatic

10x Squig hoppers

3x Fellwater Troggoths

3x Fellwater Troggoths

1x Colossal Squig

1980 points

I might change one of the grots to bowz but the seem pretty bad.

I have never tried Squig hoppers but they seem fun (works well with Warboss on Cave squig)

Im not sure about the colossal squig it's pretty expensive.

Have a great day :)

5 hours ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

I have no idea how effective your list might be.  I've been kicking around something similar mostly based on the rule of cool.

2 warbosses

2 shaman

40 Moonclan Grots 

20 Moonclan Grots 

20 Moonclan Grots 

2 fanatics 

6 troggoths

6 troggoths

2 gargants 

Uhh that list looks fun. How well do it perform?

I'm the last one that anyone should listen to regarding competitive lists.  No experience with this one and I've only just finished building the first Troggoth.  

My guess however is that it might be a bit stronger if I dropped 3 Troggoths and upped a 2nd unit to 40 Grots and added 3 more fanatics.  

There don't seem to be many Moonclan players/posts in general.

Seeing as a moonclan list won heat 3, it doesn't seem like you can go too far wrong with more grots :D

I really hope that they look at how they can bring monsters and trolls back into destruction forces without breaking allegiance. At the moment they are just stuck out in limbo 

I would go for units of 40 Moonclan Grots as you want to take advantage of all the buffs from Backstabbing Mob,  at any less than 40 you are at risk of losing a grot or two (they aren't exactly tanky); losing the wound bonus +1/2. 

Also, avoid Moonclan archers! Even with a block of 40, they have 5+ to hit so only 13.333... are going to hit on average. And then the 5+ to wound leaves you with only 4.44... actually doing any damage. Plus add their lack of rend and you essentially have a no damage unit.  

1 hour ago, clubsmash said:

I would go for units of 40 Moonclan Grots as you want to take advantage of all the buffs from Backstabbing Mob,  at any less than 40 you are at risk of losing a grot or two (they aren't exactly tanky); losing the wound bonus +1/2. 

Also, avoid Moonclan archers! Even with a block of 40, they have 5+ to hit so only 13.333... are going to hit on average. And then the 5+ to wound leaves you with only 4.44... actually doing any damage. Plus add their lack of rend and you essentially have a no damage unit.  

So you would take a unit with 40 Grots (Spears) and 20 (Stabbas)?

So you would take a unit with 40 Grots (Spears) and 20 (Stabbas)?

Why spears? Stabbas hit from 2nd row, and who plays these guys in blocks like 8thed? Spread the line from one side of the table to the other and just move forward to release the rend -2 threat;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would avoid units of 20 altogether as you will miss out on any of the wounding bonuses, however,  you do need Batteline so....

You can reach from the 3rd line with spears if you have them nicely bunched up! And then you just poke em to death.

7 hours ago, meet.the.doctor said:

move forward to release the rend -2 threat;)

Where are you getting -2 rend?

The Troggoths of course! Sorry

I would avoid units of 20 altogether as you will miss out on any of the wounding bonuses, however,  you do need Batteline so....

You can reach from the 3rd line with spears if you have them nicely bunched up! And then you just poke em to death.
Where are you getting -2 rend?
The Troggoths of course! Sorry

The fanatix ofc!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived