Fizzbang Wurligog - Weirdnob Shaman

alasdair

Hi there,

I've shared this guy around Facebook and the twittersphere but I figure you guys might like a looksee too.

Ive started and stripped then repainted my Ironjawz 3 times now before settling on this colour scheme that I'm finally happy with. I actually didn't plan on the red dags before painting, it just came to me as I was painting. It is coincidentally very similar to the Asheater Boyz from the Ironjawz battletome, just without the white.

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

Overall I'm pretty happy with how he turned out, and am looking forward to painting the rest of my Ironjawz. What do you guys think?

He looks great, I particularly live the dark bone as well as the way you highlighted the red dags. The black is really well painted too. The only thing I'd like to see is more contrast in the Waaagh energy.

the base is really cool, actually it's what I was considering for my own. Did you use a crackling medium? How did you do it?

7 minutes ago, Dez said:

He looks great, I particularly live the dark bone as well as the way you highlighted the red dags. The black is really well painted too. The only thing I'd like to see is more contrast in the Waaagh energy.

the base is really cool, actually it's what I was considering for my own. Did you use a crackling medium? How did you do it?

Cheers!

The base is using GW's Agrellan Earth. I just put it over a dark brown base, drybrushed it tyrant skull when dry, and gave it a few targeted washes of very thin Agrax earthshade to add some tonal variation, especially focussed on the areas with lots of cracks.

The consistency of Agrellan Earth to get the cracks you want takes a bit of practice. The best guide for it is actually GW's own one on their YouTube channel.

Archived