Death Project!

Sete

So i just had an idea.

Using Grand Alliance Death rules i shall make a "homemade" faction

Basically a human Necromancer with his own kingdom. I will use Dark Elf Black Guard with Crypt Horror rules for bodyguard, and Ghoul King for my Warlord.  The rest of the army will be foot slogging skellies. (which my warlord can call more since he is a wizard :P )

MUAHAHHAHAHHA!

Cool idea! But using Black guard models to stand in for multiwound "monsters" (even though Horrors lack the monster keyword I still think of them as monsters), just seems a bit wrong to me. How about using some stormcast models? They are at least closer in terms of size.

Blood Magic xD

Makes them tough.

But I cant seem to find a model I would like to use as Warlord. Black Guard give that bodyguard vibe I like, But I need something proper for warlord...

But I see your point.

I have been thinking and maybe I could use blood warriors legs, liberators torso... need to think on more bitz...

• 2 years later...

For the warlord, you seem to be going for a necromancer(stating the obvious here...) who is a ghoul king. So, are you going for a flesh eater courts vibe? The varghulf might be a good place to start with converting. Maybe as a mount or as the warlord itself. The plastic necromancer kit from GW is pretty good for conversion parts, ad the empire battlemages kit is commonly used to make necromancer, as it has LOTS of death and shadow looking pieces.

Yeah, Black Guard (on 25mm bases) might be an awkward stand in for Crypt Horrors (on 40mm). But they'd make GREAT Grave Guard. 

As for the Warlord, a Ghoul King is awesome, though a Vampire could give you a more Knightly warlord feel and keep the wizard. Is the Necromancer and Warlord one in the same?

Archived