Crowdsourcing Request - Keywords for the Warscroll Designer

Hi All,

As some of you may (or not) be aware, last year I created a Warscroll Designer that allows you to create your own warscrolls for AoS.

I tend to work on the tool when I get quiet patches at work (the thought of coming home after spending 9.5 hours in a day coding to spend the evening doing the same doesn't really fill me with enthusiasm!).  So I'm putting out a request to the community to get a bit of help with one part.

What I'm looking for is people to go through their latest warscrolls and add the Keyword entries into a big spreadsheet using the format provided.  This means that if somebody wanted to create their own Firebelly warscroll, they need only enter "fireb" into the keywords box, select that unit name and then it'll add in all of the appropriate keywords (destruction, ogor, hero, wizard).

My thought is that if everybody sorted out half a dozen warscrolls, we'd get them all done in next to no time :)

The only thing I'd ask is to add in the hardcopy source of the warscroll (or if via online, the date you downloaded it), this way there's a little bit of version control in place.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGI46j-V4AxX_S-oxTeoiRxIYBLz0xLk9F8Gu8lq5lE/edit?usp=sharing

Filled in Free Peoples, Bretonnia and Empire. I put it in fairly strictly (So Bretonnia and Empire don't have plural keyword).

A suggestion i have is to change Allegiance to Race instead. A lot of them are already races rather than any particular allegiance, and you would also add things like Mortal and Daemon into that column, while stuff like Khorne would go into Faction.

e.g

Bloodletters would have Race: Daemon, Faction: Khorne

Bloodwarriors would have Race: Mortal, Faction: Khorne, Bloodbound

Some interesting things I picked up while doing so:

• The Freeguild General on Griffon doesn't actually have it's own warscroll name as a keyword, it only has the Freeguild General keyword. Perhaps GW thought this was unnecessary due to having the Griffon racial attribute
  • Titles and determiners like 'the' don't appear in the keywords. e.g Luthor Huss, Prophet of Sigmar only has 'Luthor Huss' as a keyword. Makes sense.
  • If the warscroll name is also the name of their race/faction (just pluralised or not) it is not included on the warscroll. e.g Grots have a keyword Grot, but not their warscroll name. Firebelly has keyword Firebelly, but not it's faction 'Firebellies'.

15 hours ago, hellalugosi said:

Sweet! Ill be sure to join in on the help, hope everyone else pitches in too!

Awesome, thank you :)

6 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Filled in Free Peoples, Bretonnia and Empire. I put it in fairly strictly (So Bretonnia and Empire don't have plural keyword).

A suggestion i have is to change Allegiance to Race instead. A lot of them are already races rather than any particular allegiance, and you would also add things like Mortal and Daemon into that column, while stuff like Khorne would go into Faction.

e.g

Bloodletters would have Race: Daemon, Faction: Khorne

Bloodwarriors would have Race: Mortal, Faction: Khorne, Bloodbound

Some interesting things I picked up while doing so:

• The Freeguild General on Griffon doesn't actually have it's own warscroll name as a keyword, it only has the Freeguild General keyword. Perhaps GW thought this was unnecessary due to having the Griffon racial attribute
  • Titles and determiners like 'the' don't appear in the keywords. e.g Luthor Huss, Prophet of Sigmar only has 'Luthor Huss' as a keyword. Makes sense.
  • If the warscroll name is also the name of their race/faction (just pluralised or not) it is not included on the warscroll. e.g Grots have a keyword Grot, but not their warscroll name. Firebelly has keyword Firebelly, but not it's faction 'Firebellies'.

Thanks :)  Makes sense on the points you've raised.  Once we've collated everything together I need to go in and combine all of the bits into a file that the WSD understands so will also make things a bit more consistent.  One complication is that since I created the WSD GW have used allegiance as an "official" thing :P  It's perfectly acceptable to have no allegiance per-se and technically allegiance and faction are interchangeable - it's only the some factions that will have an official faction (Bloodbound, Arcanites, Beastclaw Raiders).  I'm sure as time goes on it'll need updating :)

I've added Race column in, i did toy with it yesterday but your comments confirmed that it's needed :)  I've also popped in a "Notes/Oddballs" column for any comments on when the warscroll doesn't currently follow the rules

Archived