Beastlord weapons

Xemenes

I have recently begun working on a brayheard force and was wondering which weapon set-up you guys thought was better for the beastlord. The dual weapons because the high success rate of attacks? The two hander for rend? or the shield so he has more sticking power? thanks :)

All of the above! It all depends on your playstyle. If you want a Beastlord that can make a flurry of attacks, make a dual-hand weapon one. Taking on heavy guys? Bring along a Beastlord with a great weapon. Like to defend as you rip out your enemies' throats? Shield and hand weapon.

Very true, its a shame they only sell the dual axes variant and in finecast too :/ I will probably go with the shield purely because I like shields for some weird reason. Has anyone actually played with the various configurations?

If you play the beastlord as your general survivability is by far more important than hitting power. You need inspiring presence on your low bravory troops and if you use brayherd formations you need him alive to get more attacks.

Go for what you think looks best but a shield is the best choice in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2016 at 0:45 AM, Xemenes said:

Ah cool, thanks for the replies, I always worry my aesthetic tastes will result in a poor gameplay choice haha

I find that one of the best things about AoS is that making choices to bring an army on an aesthetic basis no longer hampers your army as much. Sure you might not end up with the very top tier armies but you'll always have a fun game.

Love how AoS allows me and my friends to just shove what we think looks cool on the table and our games are always close (using scgt)

Archived