First game with Ironjawz battle report

Brodylan

Hi all,

I recently started an Ironjawz army that I've put in the painting and modelling forum and finally got to play my first game with them last week. It was 1500 points and only a friendly game though he hadn't played too many with his army either, but it Was hopefully a sign of good things. 

My army included:

maw krusha

Weirdnob shaman

war chanter

10 brutes 

10 ardboys

3 gore gruntas

ironfist battalion.

My friend was using dark elves, something along the lines of:

dreadlord on dragon 

2 sorceress's

30 crossbowmen

30 spearmen

10 executioners

hydra

We rolled up border war and I finished deploying first and made him take the first turn (hoping for a double turn to get me close). In his first turn he remained relatively static though moved his dragon up the flank towards the maw krusha. In my turn I rolled some big ironfist movement numbers and managed to charge the dragon with the maw krusha, gore gruntas and brutes in one hit! Turns out the maw krusha didn't need any help at all and tore him apart before anyone else could even strike!

Turn 2: I knew I needed the double turn and got it! The maw krusha, gore gruntas and brutes all moved forward to his spearman after taking an objective, with the maw krusha and gore gruntas getting the charge. They smashed through the majority of the unit after battleshock results which was pretty great. The ardboys just kept surviving against the executioners on the other side, with his hydra gunning for my objective, with only the war chanter and shaman in the way. In his turn the cross bowmen unleashed on the gore gruntas killing two though I passed my battle shock, and my warchanter survived on one wound against the hydra.

Turn 3: I got the roll again! The maw krusha and brutes now piled into his crossbowmen tearing them apart and took his objective, while the gore grunta split off to stop the hydra. I was well up in points by this stage but it was good to see the brutes get to work. 

Turn 4: the shaman stepped in front of the hydra but was battered aside which only left a gore grunta to stop him, whilst the maw krusha managed to rampage through two sorceresses and the executioners. We called it there as I had held most objectives for the majority of the game with only his hydra left on the board. Overall it was awesome fun to play and see how fast they can get across the board with some good rolling, and I love the randomness of it all. We both made a few mistakes that we can learn from. 

Hopefully the pictures below can do my commentary some justice as well. 

Cheers

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

Hey @Brodylan,

Nice to see you posting across in here as well as the Painting and Modelling section.

Good battle report. I find that Border War can be a nice battleplan for us due to Ironfist/Rampaging Destroyers helping us claim the side objectives early doors. Sounds like you had some good priority rolls and capitalised on them well. The Ardboys hanging on vs the Executioners is helpful, if he'd rolled well on his attacks and got lots of Mortal Wounds it could've been trickier...but I find with Executioners they need to do well on their first attacks else they tend to die in return. Sounds like his rolling on the Crossbowmen made up for it a little bit!

Nice win and your army is coming along really well. Big fan of that Shaman in particular as I said in the other thread.

Good work, keep it up!

Archived