Blood Knight Unit Sizes

Lord Graves

Hey everyone!

just curious if anyone knows of any research on optimal a sizes of blood knight units specifically for a list only using their faction. Planning on running two vamp lords on nightmares to run in the units and fill up the rest of the army with bat swarms to bog the enemy down and allow for flanking hard on one side. 

I know there are a few variables that come into play. Base size, cost, and effectiveness in cbT come to mind first. Though with them all being mounted I am not sure if base size will matter much as I can string them out and perform wraps on units to increase damage output. 

Thanks in advance!

I'd agree, units of five to max their banner and champion bonuses.  If there were stronger buffs to target them with, like if you could cast vanhels on them, then a single unit of 10 might be good, but as it is I see no reason to go above the minimum unit sizes with them.

Sweet! Thank you for the replies. Since my forces were just bloo knights and bat swarms I was considers about getting bogged down in swarms myself. But I guess I can just have two groups of five attack the same target. This makes much more sense. Thank you everyone.

i think it depends on the list your running. I have used a unit of 10 at the last 2 tournaments and they have been very good. They are not just there to kill stuff, they are the mainstay unit of my army, so hard to shift and can support large areas of the table. You can hold units up, drag units in and kill quite a bit whether its on the charge or not. With the Vampire Lord command ability on 10 you gain a lot of attacks.

Its worth considering in my opinion but it does depend on your list and also very important to consider the scenarios your playing as well.

Hope this helps.

Archived