Help with a Moral Dilema with GW service.

Galas

Hi all.

I'm actually in a moral dilema that has never before happened to me but actually its causing me more mental culpability that I first thought.

Its actually fast to tell: I order another Krell (I just love him. Hmmm, sweet chaotic undead) and when I open the mail box. Oh! A Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One. At first I was like "What the heck?" I go to the webstore and paypal to check if I ordered it for error or if GW charge me for it. 

But no. Its a free Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One.

At first I tought "I don't even have Lizardmen but... well...its free, and i'm sure the cost to GW for send back this guy will cost more than produce the guy" so I just keep him.

But now I'm having second thoughts. What it this was designated to another person? Maybe GW will charge or will call me for it later? I'm a legal guy, I always buy something when I put a foot into stores and all that for education but... this is different, I think.

So, what are your toughts?

PD: Maybe this is the wrong subforum? I don't see a Off-topic subforum. Sorry moderators if this is wrong!

I'd say ring GW customer service and let them know you were given a different mini than what you ordered. They're pretty cool people and should send out a replacement for him, and you'll get a "free" Saurus on Cold One. They generally don't ask you to return things if you've been sent the wrong order due to the logistics involved.

So, my thoughts are this: Ring GW customer service, let them know and they should fix it, free of charge. Then if you have no interest in the Saurus on Cold One, pay it forward and gift him to a seraphon player/use him to get someone into AoS! :)

It happened to me too a year ago. I got a box if screamers I didn't order. This was before any of the new Tzeentch stuff and I thought they sent me a free box of old stuff. 

I went to my FLGS and exchanged it for a couple of paint bottles.  

Thanks!  But they don't send me the Scar Veteran instead of Krell, they send me both!

I call the service this morning, ask them for a direction to send the Scar back and if they will pay me the postage costs for returning it, but the nice guy at the phone just tell me to keep it to afford all the work.

Thanks for the advice! I'm relieved. I think I'll gift it to my little cousin, so he can have a nice model to start it first army.

55 minutes ago, Galas said:

Thanks!  But they don't send me the Scar Veteran instead of Krell, they send me both!

I call the service this morning, ask them for a direction to send the Scar back and if they will pay me the postage costs for returning it, but the nice guy at the phone just tell me to keep it to afford all the work.

Thanks for the advice! I'm relieved. I think I'll gift it to my little cousin, so he can have a nice model to start it first army.

It's a clever marketing ploy to get your cousin interested in the game and buy a whole army :)

Archived