Path to Slambo

hellalugosi

PATH TO SLAMBO

99810201041_Slambo03.jpg

So with news of the new Slambo sculpt coming out, me and a couple of my fellow club mates have been looking forward to combining the release with our newfound love of the hinterlands skirmish ruleset.

I was going to try and make some content for a campaign revolving around each player's warband being led by a different slambo, who would not only be the only named model in their warband, but would fight against other slambos in a highlander-esque conflict using the hinterlands ruleset.

Thinking about custom command traits and battleplans, anyone have any ideas?

I'll be using this post as a masterpost and will update it as I make content and art!

This weekend I tried 'The Fiends lair' from the FireSlayers book. That's a scenario waiting to be adapted for Hinterlands and a Slambo fighting through hordes of lowly enemy's. 

Also a very cool idea to share everything in one thread! I'm looking forward to it

Slambo of one. Slambo of many.

Slambo spat in the face of the changer of ways. 

"Your riddles are much too simple godling."

The master of horrors whined, his puzzles and deceits were but minor hurdles in the path of Slambo's judgement. It was not long ago that Slambo manifested into the realm of chaos, greatest of all champions, and personal trainer to Archaon the Everchosen.

"Surely it was a jest, oh grand sorcerer. I possess a tad more wit than my protege, Archaon."

At the hands of Sigmar's Stormcast Eternals, the mighty Archaon, destroyer of worlds, blazing sword of chaos, and room mate of room mates, was defeated at the tail end of the realm gate wars.

"Oh, no, this is true, I was aha, only kidding! There are a multitude of lyrical labyrinths i have dominion over!" Tzeentch sniveled as his nervous sweat curled off his 9th brow.

Tzeetch thought to himself of the disrespect. He pondered limitless ways to punish the insolence of Slambo, the warrior with no equal, conqueror of all spans of chaos. He watched Slambo tap his foot, impatient with the slobbering awkwardness that had become Tzeentch's demeanor. Could a being such as Slambo be slain? No, he thought. It would not be, it could not be, it should not be. Of course the other gods would object, as they had regularly scheduled poker games with the man known as Slambo, Bane of all Order, harbinger of annihilation.

It was then that Tzeentch swelled with delight. A trick of tricks, spell of spells, incantation to end all incantations begun to erupt the mind of the chaos god. He had figured out a punishment worthy of the beautiful boorish brute that stood before him.

"Hark! Slambo, I have devised a challenge!" Tzeetch remarked with absolute anticipation.

"Speak, you horrible blue monstrosity." Leveled Slambo, in unmoving verbal tact. "I grow apathetic to your games. They offer no such entertainment, your predictability is disappointing."

Tzeetch matted a face of disdain, pure crackling energy illuminating the ever changing carapace of what one would assume to be his face. 

Gritting his hooked teeth, the warpflame diety rasped a humble riddle.

"I am a fool, an insufferable mass. A champion of nothingness, divided at last. Who am I?"

Slambo glared, his folded arms still holding massive axes wrought with ruinous power. It was at this moment that Tzeentch made his play. The spell he had fostered in his eldritch mind shattered what was, replacing it with what came to be. Slambo, the lord of lords, chaos' fist made mannifest was hurled into the fold between realms, torn asunder by the very fabric of time and space. 

The demigod of desolation was now fractured, spread across the mortal realms. 

Slambo Command Traits

Each Slambo may devote themselves to the Dark Gods. For the chosen mark, you gain a new command trait that would replace the one on the chaos command trait table in the Hinterlands rulebook.

• Mark of Tzeentch
    • Destiny Dice: Slambo is blessed with the insight of the ruinous powers. At the start of your hero phase, roll five dice. If any of the dice show the same numbers, you must discard them. Over the course of the turn, you may swap the remaining dice from this pool for a dice you would roll during a turn for your models, before you roll it. If all the destiny dice are discarded because of duplicates, Slambo receives a mortal wound. (The kind of roll you may swap for is detailed in the Disciples of Tzeentch Battletome)
    • Arcane Devotion: Your Slambo is a WIZARD. You may unbind a single spell each turn. Slambo knows the Arcane Bolt, and Mystic Shield spells.
  • Mark of Khorne
    • Blood for the Blood God: Each time Slambo slays an enemy unit, he immediately heals d3 wounds.
    • Bloodbound: Each time a friendly model within 6" of Slambo successfully saves against an attack, roll a dice. On a 6, the attacking unit suffers a mortal wound.
  • Mark of Slaanesh
    • Champion of Excess: Slambo may attempt to pile in from 6" instead of 3". You do not need to pile into the closest enemy model.
    • Forsaken Mutations: Friendly models within 6" of Slambo roll 3 dice for charge moves. You may charge from 18" away instead of 12" away.
  • Mark of Nurgle
    • Virulent Stench: Roll a dice for each enemy model within 3" of Slambo. On a 4 or higher, that model suffers a mortal wound.
    • Grandfather's Protection: Friendly models within 6" of Slambo ignore rend.

Any thoughts so far?

On 27/02/2017 at 3:04 AM, hellalugosi said:

Any thoughts so far?

The story is amazeballs, but the command traits could use a bit more Slambo flavour. If a Tzeentchian Slambo's gonna cast spells they should work like this:

kyVjW.jpg

Nurgle Slambo could have an ability that gives a nod to the belly on Slambo's new dad bod too.

On 2/20/2017 at 4:14 AM, Kramer said:

This weekend I tried 'The Fiends lair' from the FireSlayers book. That's a scenario waiting to be adapted for Hinterlands and a Slambo fighting through hordes of lowly enemy's. 

Also a very cool idea to share everything in one thread! I'm looking forward to it

I'll take a look at that! Im in the process of gathering cool ones that would fit! I'm definitely favoring a couple from the dominion of chaos book!

On 2/28/2017 at 0:51 PM, Double Misfire said:

The story is amazeballs, but the command traits could use a bit more Slambo flavour. If a Tzeentchian Slambo's gonna cast spells they should work like this:

[image]

Nurgle Slambo could have an ability that gives a nod to the belly on Slambo's new dad bod too.

Good tips! I'll try to make them more thematic, maybe some slambo related LORE OF AXES instead of spells.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2017 at 2:37 AM, bottle said:

This is all kinds of awesome! Wow!

I am humbly here to serve!

Now for some new content! I know i said i'd be masterposting these, so i will once i can have enough content to make it look pretty, i'll be redoing the command traits so bear with me.

I happen to have some spare time to do a little art for this :0

Lore of Axes

walkslam.png.66eb59bad04116d41e2de9893206f3be.png

"I heard words of wandering demigods, the embodiment's of wrath descend upon us. The scorched soil is their anvil, striking axes to the ruin of mortals, daemon, or otherwise...."

Each Slambo possesses twin axes of mysterious origin. These axes may provide boons of great power to the wielder, as the axes remember the realms in which they are forged. Instead of rolling for an upgrade, any time Slambo levels up, you may choose to remind his axes of their destiny as they were birthed to the mortal realms. Choose a FATE. There are three kinds of FATES, once chosen, you may not change them, as your axes derive power from their true nature. Each time you level, starting from the beginning of a FATE, you may choose paths, leading you to different upgrades. You may only progress one path per upgrade, choosing which branch suits your Slambo. You may never go back on a path.

note: so far i'll only have on fate available and in progress, i still have to think of the rest when im free

FATED TO DESTROY

1. The air smells like ash.... (+1 to wound for melee)
    1. I recall the taste of iron....(D6+1 attacks instead of just D6)
      1. I hear echoes of my name....(+1 melee range)
        1. I have many enemies....(+1 attack for each enemy model within your melee range)
      2. Madness overtakes me....(+1 rend)
        1. I am bladed insanity.....(wound rolls of 6 in melee do double damage)
    2. My lungs fill with cinders.....(+1 to hit for melee)
      1. I have fire in my soul....(+1 to hit for melee)
        1. the earth cracks beneath me....(+1 damage in melee)
      2. they run from me....(+1 to hit for ranged)
        1. I can't help but chase them....(+1 move)
    3. now i feel purified....(+1 ranged attacks) 
      1. The clouds cast rain....(re-roll failed hit rolls in ranged)
        1. and then lightning struck....(d6 damage with ranged instead of d3)
      2. The skies are clearer than ever before.....(missile attack range +4)
        1. i see angels in the heavens.....(re-roll failed saves)

If anyone has any ideas on more fate trees, please comment!

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MacDuff said:

Does Slambo eat at Sambos, or that still even a thing?

A Slambo victorious in combat against another Slambo finishes off his opponent with a vicious bodyslam, the force of which fuses the defeated Slambo's essence with the victor's until there can only be one pure Slambo left standing.

EDIT: Oh, right, you're talking about slamwiches and not other Slambos. My point still totally stands though!

Archived