First go with new Stormcast Battletome.

Mrmattywoodz

d5639e193ff0d5ce2671387213b8b0e1.jpg

I managed to get my hands on the New Stormcast battletome a few days early. A buddy and mine were testing lists for a 1000 point game that is coming up in a week that is allowing the new battletomb, so I thought I would give it a go.

I used the list above, and included the new and improved hammerstrike force that allows you to take any Paladin.

87c7b517575bed83e2c78b16a89d0ce4.jpg

I gave my Relictor the Lightning Chariot Prayer, and the spellshield armor.

c66d167cd59378f73ccaefa9e8ae243b.jpg

d1ca1bbc195541df9b576b7d0ce9e546.jpg

For my Celestant, I opted to go with the Staunch defender command trait, and as my battalion allowed me a second artifact, I gave him armour of destiny. .

d1ca1bbc195541df9b576b7d0ce9e546.jpg

c43394d494799ae2c3607aa3cde124fd.jpg

My opponent went with the Seraphon battalion that uses a Carnosaur and Sarus Knights (sorry, I forgot the name), as well as two Skink wizards. (Sorry, in bad with Seraphon names).

We rolled 3 places of power, and I opted to only place the Relictor, and the Celestant of the table, and set up everything else in the celestial realm using the Scions of the storm battle trait.

1e361fadfd6cb4d73d68d5d5caa6b1c0.jpg

I opted for the first turn, and was able to use lighting Chariot to immediately move my Celestant onto an objective, and my scions of the storm rolls brought every unit onto the board in my first movement phase. I dropped the Hammerstrike prosecutors down 9" away, and then placed the Paladins within 5" of him allowing me to charge a unit of knights turn one with my Retributors, and the Carnosaur with my Paladins. The liberators were able to form a wall in between his remaining two heroes and their objectives, and the prosecutors made a mini screen in front of my Celestant. It kind of turned out to be a fairly one sided game for me, even with my opponent getting a double turn on the first priority roll. I was able to run away with the game 6-0 before he realized the wasn't going to be able to catch up after I killed both of his wizards and conceded.

Being able to create a wall in front of my opponent turn 1 helped me win a mission I historically have struggled with. In fact, this is the first time I have ever won this mission with Stormcast, disputes having a fairly good record overall. (I don't like to play too many heroes, so I am always outnumbered on this mission.)

I have to say I am very impressed with the new book, and it proved to be very powerful in my first game with it. I took the Lightning chariot prayer because my plan was to use it to move my prosecutors up turn one, then my Celestant turn 2 to buff my Paladins, but because of the mission, I the plans kinda changed. The flexibility that Lightning chariot+ scions of the storm+ hammerstrike force gives you is crazy. I know that a lot of people are kinda going nuts about blessed weapons, but lighting chariot is my go to prayer for a setting where you don't know who you will be playing against, and where you will be playing multiple scenarios.

Spellshield was an awesome choice, as Stormcast really struggle against magic sometimes, and the first time I was able to use it to unbind a Mystic Shield, I got a little bit of the warm and fuzzies.

I'm not 100% sure about the army of destiny being the correct choice, but were we're interested and kept track, the armour combined with the Staunch Defender Battletrait allowed me to tank 5 wounds that I would have otherwise normally had to take.

If I ever run a list that has two models that have command abilities, I will probably use the Consumate Commander battletrait, and when that is the case I will probably try a different artifact, but I'm not sure what that will be at this point.

Those are my initial reactions. Curious to see what everybody else plans on doing with their Stormcast.

Note to admin, this is my first forum post on TGA so if I posted in the wrong spot can you please move it and let me know where it should go? Thanks.

Got my first game yesterday night at 2000.

Just a few thoughts :

-The new tellyporta is to be used with care,  Some units will come turn1 and you do not want them to.

-The new devastation brotherhood is a blast

-The -3 Rend for the dracoth is nuts

-The -2 bravery prayer is quite good but is hard to put online.

Got my first game yesterday night at 2000.
Just a few thoughts :
-The new tellyporta is to be used with care,  Some units will come turn1 and you do not want them to.
-The new devastation brotherhood is a blast
-The -3 Rend for the dracoth is nuts
-The -2 bravery prayer is quite good but is hard to put online.

I played 40K for years, and the new teleporting from the heavens is almost exactly like deep striking works in that game. You are correct that things might arrive or not arrive when you need to do the opposite, that's why you should always have a "plan b"

I have never tried the devastation brotherhood before as I don't own any decimators, but maybe I'll try it sometime. What were the pros/cons when you played with it?

At 2K, I am going to run a Dracoth and trying to decide between rend -3 or the +4 range on its storm breath. Have a game day at our store tomorrow where I have multiple games, so I'm going to try both.

I feel the offensive prayers of the Relictor suffer from the same problem they always have, he moves slow and has a fairly short range, that is why I prefer the prayers that affect your units. Glad to hear that it is good when you get it off though.

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Mrmattywoodz said:

I have never tried the devastation brotherhood before as I don't own any decimators, but maybe I'll try it sometime. What were the pros/cons when you played with it?

The movement débuff was huge. I spread the shootings on 2-3 units and even on skavens -4 movement are a thing when it comes to capture objectives. The D6 dammage never happened but i managed to combot -7 bravery on Stormvermin and rat-ogre between prayers, decimators, and the prosecutors and celestant prime and that was important.

At 2K, I am going to run a Dracoth and trying to decide between rend -3 or the +4 range on its storm breath. Have a game day at our store tomorrow where I have multiple games, so I'm going to try both.

I have thought about that. I ended up with the decision that +4 range was going to be useful only once in the game at maximum, contrary to the -3 rend which can happen as long as he is alive and in combat

I feel the offensive prayers of the Relictor suffer from the same problem they always have, he moves slow and has a fairly short range, that is why I prefer the prayers that affect your units. Glad to hear that it is good when you get it off though.

That was my point too. Offensive prayer are too restrictive unless you plan to telestormport your Lord relictor. Next time i'll go for the blessed weapons on the bows, to get that nice bonus attack on the special bow on 5+ as he already got a +1 from the champion.

Hi.

This is my new 2k List.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Artefact: Spellshield 
- Dracoth Trait: Keen-clawed
Lord Celestant (100)
Lord Relictor (80)

Battleline
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 2x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow

Units
3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (100)
- Celestial Hammers
10 x Paladin Retributors (440)
- 4x Starsoul Mace
10 x Paladin Protectors (400)
- 4x Starsoul Mace

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)

Total: 1980/2000

2nd Artifact is open

Hi.

This is my new 2k List.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
- General
Lord Celestant (100)
Lord Relictor (80)

Battleline
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 2x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow

Units
- Celestial Hammers
10 x Paladin Retributors (440)
- 4x Starsoul Mace
10 x Paladin Protectors (400)
- 4x Starsoul Mace

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)

Total: 1980/2000

2nd Artifact is open

That isn't too far off from the list I have been working on for 2K

de01009e677cc2e5815f29a82f122084.jpg

I like the Vanguard Hunters a lot, but in my last 2 Games the Hunters were weak and 5 are going to die so easy. In 10 man squads with a Lord Aquilar they would be nice.

The point of them in my list is to come in off a board edge and score points or chase a distraction they are no more fragile than judicators.

Thats true, but Judis are not acting behind enemy lines. I really like the miniatures a lot but really I would run them in 10 man Squads.

Ive done a Vanguard Chamber List just 4 fun...Could really be awesome because your general trait let you teleport your units and outflank the enemy. Maybe this is a nice themed List to play with

llegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord Aquilor (200)
- General
- Gryph-Charger Trait: Aethereal Stalker
Lord Relictor (80)

Battleline
10 x Vanguard-Hunters (280)
- Gryph-Charger Trait: Keen-clawed
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline (Lord Aquilor General)
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow

Units
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (320)
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (360)
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (220)

Total: 2000/2000

I'd love to get some feedback on this list as well - an alpha strike army where I'm aiming to pin and kill the decisive unit turn 1.

Big question, are people not interested in the Large Battalions like Celestial Vindicators?  I feel like having everything in 1 battalion so you can do a 1 drop setup and dictate who goes first has to have huge benefits.  Is that not a big concern for y'all?   None of the lists above me are using them.

Retributors 440
Protectors 400
Prosecutors 100
Hammerstrike Force 120
Lord Celestant on Dracoth 220
Lord Celestant 100
Judicators 160
Judicators 160
Liberators 100
Lord Veritant 120
Celestial vindicators 80

Give the Veritant Bless Weapons and Mirrorshield, The LCODw/Tempestos Hammer: Keen-Clawed, Consummate Commander,  Strife-Ender, and The Lord Celestant Quicksilver Draught.

Set up everything in the celestial realm (1 drop due to celestial vindicators) give first turn to opponent.  On your turn roll to bring down prosecutors first, try to bring them down 9 inches away and then bring in the conga protectors and retributors using hammerstrike force.  Bring down all other units you can behind them (LCOD, Celestant, Veritant, Judicators, Libs.)  Shoot away! Charge guaranteed for retributors and protectors, maybe get lucky and get the LCOD, or Celestant in there too.

Hope for double turn.  If so use Speak with your Swords AND Furious Retribution, cast Bless Weapons on whichever paladin unit has more enemies in range.  Shoot away! Move up other heroes in range, destroy everything with Paladins, charge new targets with heroes.  Later rounds use Furious Retribution and the LCOD bubble to prevent losses.

PS I like Kozokus's idea that you cast bless weapons on judicators to try and get a second shot with the skybolt bow...

1 hour ago, Goddin said:

Retributors 440
Protectors 400
Prosecutors 100
Hammerstrike Force 120
Lord Celestant on Dracoth 220
Lord Celestant 100
Judicators 160
Judicators 160
Liberators 100
Lord Veritant 120
Celestial vindicators 80

for the Celestrial Vindicators u need 3 Paladin Squads in your Hammerstrike Force instead of 2

2 hours ago, SySt3m_3rr0r said:

for the Celestrial Vindicators u need 3 Paladin Squads in your Hammerstrike Force instead of 2

Agree, but there is 4 squads worth of points there.  I could split either the protectors (which is what I would split) or the retributors into 2 squads and the list would work fine.

Kytlock, 

If you are referring to my list, the answer to both questions would be a yes.  

With regards to splitting up the protectors into two groups, there are a couple impacts (this could be another whole topic). 

Pros: You gain a prime, so 1 extra attack.  If you take 17 wounds in a turn 2 wounds don't transfer to the second unit (limit damage per unit).

Cons: 2 activations instead of one (though if they are behind the retributors reaching over this isn't a big deal), and 15 wounds means you lose 2 starsoul maces where in a 10 man unit your last 5 guys would be the prime and the 4 starsoul maces. If you have an ability that targets only 1 unit you get less models affected.  Area of effect spells don't have that issue.

Since the battalion I'm looking at requires 3 paladin units, there is no choice but to split them, and the con's aren't horrendous so I don't mind it.

21 hours ago, Goddin said:

Kytlock, 

If you are referring to my list, the answer to both questions would be a yes.  

With regards to splitting up the protectors into two groups, there are a couple impacts (this could be another whole topic). 

Pros: You gain a prime, so 1 extra attack.  If you take 17 wounds in a turn 2 wounds don't transfer to the second unit (limit damage per unit).

Cons: 2 activations instead of one (though if they are behind the retributors reaching over this isn't a big deal), and 15 wounds means you lose 2 starsoul maces where in a 10 man unit your last 5 guys would be the prime and the 4 starsoul maces. If you have an ability that targets only 1 unit you get less models affected.  Area of effect spells don't have that issue.

Since the battalion I'm looking at requires 3 paladin units, there is no choice but to split them, and the con's aren't horrendous so I don't mind it.

Allegiance: STormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord Aquilor (200)
- General
- Trait: Consummate Commander - Stormcast Eternals

Lord Relictor (80) 

Teleport Spell

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers & Shields
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers & Shields
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140)

Units
- Celestial Hammers
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
- 2x Starsoul Mace
5 x Paladin Protectors (200)
- 2x Starsoul Mace

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)
Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber (80)

What do you guys think about this? 3 Artifacts, Teleports, Impacts of the Vindicators, Mortal Wounds. Maybe change the Prosecutors to Stormcast Javelins because 20 pts could give you a triumph roll. 2 Artifacts are free.

Allegiance: STormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord Aquilor (200)
- General
- Trait: Consummate Commander - Stormcast Eternals

Lord Relictor (80) 
Teleport Spell

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers & Shields
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers & Shields
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140)

Units
- Celestial Hammers
- 2x Starsoul Mace
- 2x Starsoul Mace
5 x Paladin Protectors (200)
- 2x Starsoul Mace

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)
Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber (80)

What do you guys think about this? 3 Artifacts, Teleports, Impacts of the Vindicators, Mortal Wounds. Maybe change the Prosecutors to Stormcast Javelins because 20 pts could give you a triumph roll. 2 Artifacts are free.

I like the list a lot. I would switch the the javelins thou. Not only would you get triumphs, i also feel they are just better.

34 minutes ago, Mrmattywoodz said:

I like the list a lot. I would switch the the javelins thou. Not only would you get triumphs, i also feel they are just better.

Don't you think 5 man squads could be glass?

What if I change the Prosecutors to Stormcast Javelins and change the Hunters to Judicators. Maybe adds some Firepower but can't outflank the enemy. I like the Javelin swap. The Judicator swap is situational IMO

What could be the missing 2 Artifacts?

Wich weapons would you guys give to the Palladors?

Could I play the CV's in my own paintscheme? What does the rules say here?

1 hour ago, SySt3m_3rr0r said:

Don't you think 5 man squads could be glass?

What if I change the Prosecutors to Stormcast Javelins and change the Hunters to Judicators. Maybe adds some Firepower but can't outflank the enemy. I like the Javelin swap. The Judicator swap is situational IMO

What could be the missing 2 Artifacts?

Wich weapons would you guys give to the Palladors?

Could I play the CV's in my own paintscheme? What does the rules say here?

I don't particularly think 5 man units are glass, as they have 15 wounds.

I would in general try to get more long range shooting in the list, to try and snipe heroes when you need to (bloodsecrator, vampire lord, necromancer, etc.)  Pushing for judicators would be helpful there.  The Palladors can help with that a bit if you use the javelins, though I would switch that out for judicators myself and see what you can get with the leftover points (maybe another relictor, or a castellant?)

For Artifacts I like Strife Ender for another attack on a big hitter (the LCOD), but otherwise I like the mirrorshield for the relictor as it helps him from getting sniped.  The one that lets you unbind for the Lord Aquilor would be useful, as he'll likely be close enough to the enemy wizards to do so.

Already addressed the Pallador question:  javelins!

I have looked at the rules and I never saw anything against using the CV in your own paint scheme.  It's a "Battalion Warscroll" and you are paying points for it,  its not like you are getting a codex for a CV chapter.  I for one plan to run the CV battalion using my silver with teal highlight Stormcast until GW or a TO says I can't.

1 hour ago, Goddin said:

I would in general try to get more long range shooting in the list, to try and snipe heroes when you need to (bloodsecrator, vampire lord, necromancer, etc.)  Pushing for judicators would be helpful there.  The Palladors can help with that a bit if you use the javelins, though I would switch that out for judicators myself and see what you can get with the leftover points (maybe another relictor, or a castellant?)

Already addressed the Pallador question:  javelins!

You mean change the Prosecutors with double Hammer to Prosecutors with Stormcast Javelins and then change the Vanguard Hunters to Judicators?

Or what else did you mean to change?

The Palladors (Gryph-Charger Rider) won't leave the List, because there won't be a reason to take a Lord Aquilar in this List.

The difference between Judicators and Vanguard Hunters  is that the Hunters could outflank the enemy, running and shooting and do guite the same damage as the Judicators do. I took 6 proof rolls with each 5 man and a 4+save (5+) because of Judis rend...I came up with 1 wound more for the Vanguard Hunters

btw a good alternativ unit will be the Vanguard Raptors

Archived