Let's chat Skaven tactics

Dez

13 minutes ago, Nikobot said:

@ Mayple Are you sure that it applies to all the attacks of a particular weapon?

e.g. all 2D6 attacks of a ratling gun?

Hmm...well the 2D6 is the amount of attacks...then each of those attacks is rolled for and treated separate, each dealing 1dmg. So I dont see why it wouldnt work on it 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, the old version didn't work on it.. it only doubled the damage of 1 successful attack... which is why people used it on mortars and not ratling guns.

I haven't seen the wording on the new one version which is why I am asking

12 minutes ago, Nikobot said:

well, the old version didn't work on it.. it only doubled the damage of 1 successful attack... which is why people used it on mortars and not ratling guns.

Yep, it'll just be add 1 to a successful attack instead of double it so doesn't really change the rattling gun if that's the case

Ive seen Eshin and Moulder and some drops, though for Skryre that quite a big nerf (RIP PWM). 

Most importantly for Skaven is definitely the new generic chaos artefacts for the crown. They showed it in a preview last week, it's now you're immune to battleshock if you're within 6" of a hero with that artefact. That artefact is screaming for a deathrunner, who's already -1 to shoot before look out sir. Will definitely be the right way to play Skaven moving forwards competitively though I will miss my warpstone sparks makin mortars do 12 damage. 

Really keen to see stormvermin points, was hoping for a drop in nightrunners but alas...haha

25 minutes ago, Nikobot said:

I believe so. The new wording is different from the current wording, and specifies 'Increase a weapon's damage characteristic by 1 when it makes a succesful attack' - as opposed to 'for a succesfull attack' 

Although, mind that I'm paraphrasing, and might be wrong due to blurry text. It is visible in the first video preview for bell of lost souls.

The wording is "Add 1 to the Damage characteristic of a weapon used by a friendly SKRYRE model that has made a successful attack."

Just caught it from BOLS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=530&v=d5dPQlBw8PI

To me that seems like Mayple is right

Resolve your attacks and work out if any hit, if any are successful and result in hits then you can choose to add 1 Damage.

29 minutes ago, Nikobot said:

The wording is "Add 1 to the Damage characteristic of a weapon used by a friendly SKRYRE model that has made a successful attack."

Just caught it from BOLS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=530&v=d5dPQlBw8PI

To me that seems like Mayple is right

Resolve your attacks and work out if any hit, if any are successful and result in hits then you can choose to add 1 Damage.

Yeah that video was way too hard to get a good look at but even so we’ll know soon enough. I’d rather increase the weapons damage but I severely doubt it. Damage 3 Jezzails yes please! Not a chance they’d let us do that ! 

It looked clear to me. I put it on high res and paused it at the right spot to get a clear look and that's the wording. 

So Mayple was correct. You can have a damage 3 jezzail, but that's only for 1 model and they only have 1 attack. Best to use it on multi attack models to reap the benefit of the new wording like combat stormfiends, ratling guns, maybe doomflayers etc.

Can you imagine shock gauntlet stormfiends with their attacks splitting into multiple hits that deliver 3 damage each!

@Nikobot

My thoughts exactly. Units to look out for in the new edition, as far as improvements go, will be Ratling guns and Shock gauntlets. 

I was already on the fence of going into a heavy ratling gunline in the current edition, so this might just be what nudges me into that :D

Packmasters also look like they got a point drop. *Cough* Go go Stormfiends *Cough*

3 hours ago, Malakithe said:

That sounds pretty good...how do allies work now? I keep hearing mixed things. Packmaster allies for Skryre allegiance rattling cannon stormfiends?

With 60 points (from what I could tell) cost for packmasters, that would be a natural inclusion. Their buff would probably still only work in combat phase though. Shock gauntlets all the way.

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

One of the issues I see with mixed Skaven is a lack of command points

We can easily spare 50 or 100 pts for some command points. With the new cunning deceiver being geared towards command points as well, we won't be lacking ;)

33 minutes ago, Mayple said:

We can easily spare 50 or 100 pts for some command points. With the new cunning deceiver being geared towards command points as well, we won't be lacking ;)

What is this 'Cunning Deceiver' you speak of? And I didnt know buying command points was a thing..good to know

Archived