Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
Melcar

"Assigning a keyword"

Question

Melcar    3

On page 116 in the GHB17, it says: "An army can have a specific allegiance if all the starting units and warscrolls in the army have the keyword for that allegiance, including any units that you assign a keyword to during set-up."

So does this mean that I can choose to give, let's say Arkhan the Black, the Nighthaunt keyword, so I can use him as general for a solely Nighhaunt allegiance army? And if so, where would I find the rules of applying keywords during set-up?

Thanks!

Cheers!

9 answers to this question

heywoah_twitch    194

Units that may be assigned chaos keywords on set-up will specifically say so in their warscroll, for instance Chaos Knights' ability "Mark of Chaos".

FRoper    42

it has to be an ability that grants them an additional keyword if you like to include them otherwise no. 

Melcar    3
11 minutes ago, FRoper said:

it has to be an ability that grants them an additional keyword if you like to include them otherwise no. 

Ok.... Thanks... It would fix alot of ****** though, if one somehow could add keywords to align and play with the model you actually wanted.

Thank you for your answers

Cheers

BaldoBeardo    542
12 hours ago, Melcar said:

Ok.... Thanks... It would fix alot of ****** though, if one somehow could add keywords to align and play with the model you actually wanted.

Thank you for your answers

Cheers

It's called "Grand Alliance" and/or "Open play"...

If you want the candy, you have to get in the van.

Edited by BaldoBeardo

Melcar    3
3 hours ago, BaldoBeardo said:

It's called "Grand Alliance" and/or "Open play"...

If you want the candy, you have to get in the van.

Right... I would just like to use my Mortarchs (or Nagash) and run a solely Nighhaunt Army... Apparently that is not possible in Matched play! Not because of balance, but because of poor rules design.

To be honest I feel that Death is really one allegiance and not 5... I know that my opinion counts for ****** all, but that does not change the annoyance of not being able to play the army you want!

Edited by Melcar

BaldoBeardo    542
22 hours ago, Melcar said:

Right... I would just like to use my Mortarchs (or Nagash) and run a solely Nighhaunt Army... Apparently that is not possible in Matched play! Not because of balance, but because of poor rules design.

To be honest I feel that Death is really one allegiance and not 5... I know that my opinion counts for ****** all, but that does not change the annoyance of not being able to play the army you want!

It is possible. Nighthaunt can ally with deathlords. You just can't have a deathlord as your general. 

Arkiham    1,234
22 hours ago, Melcar said:

i mean.... thats just a terrible statement as its not true.

you can do it, you can take deathlords as allies.any of them

Melcar    3
17 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

i mean.... thats just a terrible statement as its not true.

you can do it, you can take deathlords as allies.any of them

Really, so your general can be from your allies?

1 hour ago, BaldoBeardo said:

It is possible. Nighthaunt can ally with deathlords. You just can't have a deathlord as your general. 

Ahh... didn't think so! So I go back to my previous statement. Nagash can't lead a purely Nighhaunt army, which to me is completely against the lore! And this I find utterly flawed in the design of the rules for the Death GA.

Arkiham    1,234
6 minutes ago, Melcar said:

Really, so your general can be from your allies?

Ahh... didn't think so! So I go back to my previous statement. Nagash can't lead a purely Nighhaunt army, which to me is completely against the lore! And this I find utterly flawed in the design of the rules for the Death GA.

if you want to play a lore based game play narrative, play what you want

matched play is for competitive games. not story driven ones.