"Assigning a keyword"

Melcar

Question

On page 116 in the GHB17, it says: "An army can have a specific allegiance if all the starting units and warscrolls in the army have the keyword for that allegiance, including any units that you assign a keyword to during set-up."

So does this mean that I can choose to give, let's say Arkhan the Black, the Nighthaunt keyword, so I can use him as general for a solely Nighhaunt allegiance army? And if so, where would I find the rules of applying keywords during set-up?

Thanks!

Cheers!

9 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, FRoper said:

it has to be an ability that grants them an additional keyword if you like to include them otherwise no. 

Ok.... Thanks... It would fix alot of ****** though, if one somehow could add keywords to align and play with the model you actually wanted.

Thank you for your answers

Cheers

12 hours ago, Melcar said:

Ok.... Thanks... It would fix alot of ****** though, if one somehow could add keywords to align and play with the model you actually wanted.

Thank you for your answers

Cheers

It's called "Grand Alliance" and/or "Open play"...

If you want the candy, you have to get in the van.

3 hours ago, BaldoBeardo said:

It's called "Grand Alliance" and/or "Open play"...

If you want the candy, you have to get in the van.

Right... I would just like to use my Mortarchs (or Nagash) and run a solely Nighhaunt Army... Apparently that is not possible in Matched play! Not because of balance, but because of poor rules design.

To be honest I feel that Death is really one allegiance and not 5... I know that my opinion counts for ****** all, but that does not change the annoyance of not being able to play the army you want!

22 hours ago, Melcar said:

Right... I would just like to use my Mortarchs (or Nagash) and run a solely Nighhaunt Army... Apparently that is not possible in Matched play! Not because of balance, but because of poor rules design.

To be honest I feel that Death is really one allegiance and not 5... I know that my opinion counts for ****** all, but that does not change the annoyance of not being able to play the army you want!

It is possible. Nighthaunt can ally with deathlords. You just can't have a deathlord as your general. 

22 hours ago, Melcar said:

i mean.... thats just a terrible statement as its not true.

you can do it, you can take deathlords as allies.any of them

17 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

i mean.... thats just a terrible statement as its not true.

you can do it, you can take deathlords as allies.any of them

Really, so your general can be from your allies?

1 hour ago, BaldoBeardo said:

It is possible. Nighthaunt can ally with deathlords. You just can't have a deathlord as your general. 

Ahh... didn't think so! So I go back to my previous statement. Nagash can't lead a purely Nighhaunt army, which to me is completely against the lore! And this I find utterly flawed in the design of the rules for the Death GA.

6 minutes ago, Melcar said:

Really, so your general can be from your allies?

Ahh... didn't think so! So I go back to my previous statement. Nagash can't lead a purely Nighhaunt army, which to me is completely against the lore! And this I find utterly flawed in the design of the rules for the Death GA.

if you want to play a lore based game play narrative, play what you want

matched play is for competitive games. not story driven ones. 

Archived