Cleave

Nappe

On 11/10/2017 at 7:31 AM, zabbraxas said:

I don't see the game but he may have play the card only for spend the glory point most of the Sepulcral deck got Daylight Robbery

That would be my thoughts as well. Cleave is great against Guard but the risk of loosing the Glory Point is too high and it should be spend as soon as possible :D 

11 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

That would be my thoughts as well. Cleave is great against Guard but the risk of loosing the Glory Point is too high and it should be spend as soon as possible :D 

That and you generally obtain the most benifit out of playing a card instead of discarding it. Even if it's a very niche or unrequired bonus at the time, it could come in handy at some point. Generally speaking though Cleave is a game winner against Stormcast and Orruks so I'd certainly make a spot for a Cleave effect in almost every deck if they have acces to it. Though much more as two spots is generally not needed :) 

5 minutes ago, Dave Fraser said:

There is now an objective card that scores off playing 3 ploys in the previous turn, could have just been to score that (if it was a ploy), or just to burn through their hand 'just cos'.

Yeah Ploymaster is another reason. Basically I have not found any reason to not play your Power hand out as much as possible. As there is also Stymied who gives you a Glory if your opponent has not played any Power cards.

So when we sum it up:
0. Your deck should not include too many situational cards to begin with, Cleave is one of them but when it's good it renders 2 eyes of the Defence dice moot, basicaly ensuring automatic damage, which wins you the game.
1. You want to empty your hand anyway because you will draw up to 5 at any end phase.
2. You only have 3 Phases, waiting too long to use a Power card is usually a bad plan.
3. Several Objectives now reward you by playing Power cards, "Ploy master", "Upgrade master" or punish you if you don't play Power cards, such as Stymied or Daylight Robbery. 

So the points of them now are there is a reason for inclusion, there is a reason for refreshing hands, there is a reason to push up the tempo and there is a reward in it aswell in the form of direct or indirect glory :) 

In general the more Universal cards we get the less likely we will see any irrelevant Upgrade being a part of any deck. Helpful Whispers, Soultrap, "the Greats", "the Legendaries?" and a good grip of weapons easily lead to 10+ Upgrades who are worth it. Also spending Glory is currently not punished in any way so until it is, spend as much as possible. 

Archived