Battlemage on horse?

Duck1986

Question

Hi all,  really sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but really can't find it!  Is a battlemage on horse legal for increases in movement? The warscroll only has a movement of 5 for a battlemage and no mention of a horse . 

I mainly ask as I'm considering taking one as my general in skirmish but wonder if this may give an unfair advantage due to being able to skip around the battlefield much quicker?  

Is there any information on substitution of this older model anywhere? 

5 answers to this question

There is no such thing as a battlemage on horse anymore.

Use the model but it counts as the base warscroll with movement 5" and no deadly horse attacks (we all know horses do the real damage in combat). 

This rule kills me. I have so many great wizard models on horses + the 'Graveyard Rose’ Elspeth von Draken riding the Carmine Dragon. 

The Empire Battle Wizard in the Warscroll Compendium 'The Empire' had the option to get a horse.

When they changed the warscroll into 'Battlemage' in the Grand Alliance Book order, they abolished that option to give them horses.

(Perhaps because they only have a model on foot for sell).

In an open or narrative game you could still use the Compendium Warscroll but for matched play, there is no Pitched battle profile for him.

Archived