Interesting discovery in the Kharadron Battletome.

So I was looking my favourity mercantiles' battletome and noticed something in their maps:

PNFIpwb.jpg

IMG_8517.JPG

Look at Barak Urbaz's location. Look at the map of Barak Zilfin: they are connected. They are a continuous landmass that has a linking area (moltania). Same goes for Barak Nara and Zon (see Oglogog swamp).

So my question is: do you think this is "more or less" the enitre connected map of chamon, has someone tried to draw them together?

I too tried to examine the maps closely and agree with TheEverchosen....it is only a portion of Chamon as they don't all connect to each other.  But it would be interesting to see where some of the Realmgate war info fits into these maps (I haven't gotten the books so I don't know if the battles take place in these parts of Chamon or other locations).

Think I agree, there's a logic that says some of the major ports are fairly close to each other at the moment because it'll be good for trade, but think it's only a portion of the overall realm.  Would be ace to see that in a single massive map though :) 

40 minutes ago, WarbossKurgan said:

I don't think they will ever make a map of a whole Realm, since they have been described as "nearly infinite" many times. Mapping that much land would take a lot of paper... ;)

The thing is that the words used are: incredibly vast, possibly infinite. And this is said from the POV who's using older systems of transport, it may not be "that big"

@KillagoreFaceslasha Maybe, but I think when they use phrases like "impossibly vast" and "vast beyond comprehension" I think the idea is that there is always room to add more places and for players to add their own locations with them being overwritten or invalidated by "official" stuff.

I would not want them to map "everything" as that ends up with the same problem as the old Warhammer World: it becomes really hard to add anything.

Agreed, don't think they'll do the whole of a realm because it would just limit our creativity and the ability to squeeze new things in for them.

I might be on my own though, but I can remember spending hours looking at maps of the old world as new parts were revealed, seeing how they relate to each other and what might be at the various places.  Would love to see a proper big map of bits of realms rather than tiny snippets.

16 minutes ago, xking said:

Maybe you should read the godbeast book and pantheon book. Godbeast confirms that each realm is at the least  the size of a galaxy or more, cosmic in nature with multiple worlds in them. There's even a daemon world in the book.  As for the pantheon book, it reveals that the realms are constantly expanding, As each realm is devouring the virtually infinite energy and matter from the realm of chaos to grow in size.

Pantheon actually reveals that the Realms are constantly winning and losing matter. I think @Kor had an excellent resume and theory regarding the sizes of the realms, maybe he can provide the exact quotes or where he recalls reading. 

Archived