Two Skirmish Questions

Before I get into it:
1) Can it be played on 2x2? Anyone doing this or is that simply not enough room?

2) With most AoS minis on 32mm round bases...what sort of terrain do people have that these minis could be on? When we played mordheim, those small square bases could easily be on stairs, rubble, etc. The new, average base size seems a bit large for most terrain.

1) The rules state that it should be played on a 4x4 table. But I cant see why it couldn't be done on a 2x2.

If the 2x2 was a place setting like the new Sigmarite Mausoleum which would give a nice tight skirmish match and you could have one team start inside defending it, the other outside trying to get in to get retrieve an artifact. I think this would lead to a very interesting game. I would certainly limit the amount of renown though so that the warbands aren't that big, possibly 25 or 50 at the most.

2) I suppose anything that can hold a 32mm base. Most of the official terrain (ie. Realm Gates) can cope with this as far as I am aware. 

We have been playing at home on a 3x3 with the little one to keep it interesting for her and the action is pretty close. 

As long as you build good scenarios you will be ok i.e. One player starts in the centre and the other comes on from the edges. 

Archived