tzeentch 2000 w archaon

shadowgra

i want to find a way to make archaon competitive. i think that between khorne and tzeentch it suits better in this one, because of the destiny dice and because he can get additional spells. so into the list!

Leaders

Archaon 700 (infusium arcanum, +1 to wound is essential)

lord of change 300 (tzeentch firestorm), aspect of tzeentch

herald of tzeentch on disk 120 (bolt of tzeentch)

Tzaangor shaman 120 (shield of fate)

Battleline

10 pink horrors 140 (arcane transformation)

2x 10 tzeentch marauders 120

other

6 skyfires 320

3 skyfires 160

tot 1980

tzaangor shaman and herald will use inspiring presence with archaon's command, while the lord of change boosts everyone except for the shaman in casting rolls.

30 wounds as battleline is minimal tho, but if i can keep advantage archaon will almost never die and one shot everything in his path thanks to infusium arcanum and destiny dice, which i can bring, with a bit of luck, back. 9 skyfires give the ranged support i absolutely need. in case archaon is pretty fine by himself i plan to cast shield of fate and mystic shield on them, trying to keep them alive as long as possible.

the arcane transformation can make archaon do 5 attacks with the slayer of kings and the 2s can be used to make that hit for sure (otherwise they are pretty useless.), than getting one or two 5-6 is definitely possible on 4 rolls. also he can regain wound and is damn tough to kill.

plus the wound output of skyfire+loc+herald is quite good, adding also other 2 mages that can do d3 wounds each sounds pretty good.

tell me what u think ^^

Seems solid enough to me! I have to add that I dont think Chaos is the best Monster madness faction to go for but that's neither here nor there. I can certainly confirm that if your going to run a lower quantity of models that Destiny Dice outshine Blood Tithe points by a lot.

All in all go for it! 

I've run Archaon in a Tzeentch list with a unit of Chaos Warriors with shields.  Archaon casting mystic shield on himself and Treacherous Bond on the chaos warriors made him an absolute tank.  Also had a Chaos Sorcerer Lord using Oracular visions on the Warriors and Daemonic Power on Archaon.  Do all that and throw a warshrine in there too and you may just cause your opponent to get dizzy as you roll every save type known to man.

• 1 month later...

I got the similar idea. So many ppl said that I cant use Archaon on Droghar because its to much expenssive. Ofcourse I agree that he is expensive but...being able to slay any hero with Slayer of kings which is highly possible with Destiny's Dice is sooooo daaaamn good feeling :D
Besides that model (figure) is one of the best in this business. Im highly motivated to prove that my friends are wrong. That Archaon is a real threat even for competetive tournaments.

I agree that option with infusium arcanum on him is 1 of 2 best choices. Probably Ill take the same.
Im just not sure of that pink horrors unit. Maybe 3 x 10 Marauders? Then u can take another hero (Gaunt summoner i.e.) or deamon unit.
For now I know nothing about playing Tzeentch nor useing Archaon on droghar. Just read battletome, and thats my first thoughts.

Im talking about version of big one. Did I make any mistake? Im new to DoT so if yes, than Im sorry for that.

However, this is my list :
Archaon 700 - GENERAL -  with Infusium Arcanum for sure
Lord of Change 300 - dont know yet what to put on him (Can I give him an artifact?)
Tzaangor Shaman - 300
The Changeling - 140

Battlelines
10 x Marauders - 60
10 x Tzaangors - 180
10 x Tzaangors - 180

6 x Skyfires 320

about lore's, spells etc.....well actually, I dont know what to choose for now.
Whats your opinion?

Ah ok my mistake.

Sure loc can take an artefact.

Well i think that since u invest 700 points into archaon you have to make up for it in sense of general tankiness. I would avoid tzaangor since they are squishy and low bravery, chaos warriors are way better.

Tzaangor shaman is 120 points not 300 and i would gave him the shield of fate. Casted on archaon means that he will reroll almost any save cause with mystic shield he goes at 2+ with reroll of 1-2-3. 

Loc can go with more offensive spells. I would choose the bolt or the tzeentch firestorm. Mystic shield must be cast with him since he is our best caster.

I never liked the changeling but if you want to play it is ok. Then give it bolt of tzeentch because after that he'll die. 

Horrors are a nice battleline that shoots and casts. I like them but if you want more reliability go for marauders or warriors. Their durability  is excellent

Thx for response!

Yes the purpose is that to have huge tank in middle. He dont have to be alive till the end of game. He has other purpose. He must present Real threat to Enemy heroes. Meanwhile other units have to score or defend rest objectives.

Warriors>Tzaangors? Hmm Ill think about that definitely. Ive heard that block of 20-30 tzaangors is really good. But in my list it was 2x10 ofc.

What would you suggest in Changeling place? I was thinking of him in case of hidden valuable Enemy units.

Im not sure about horroru cause evry time when friends played them, that unit didnt do anything...Maybe they werent playing good with Horrors. I dunno.

Im thinking about Marauders only cause lack of points.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

I can suggest you a gaunt summoner that is really strong. 

Horrors imho are strong but difficult to play...

Definitely go for warriors u nerd the staying power. Other than that i dunno what to say, the list above is fine as long as as u swap tzaangor for warriors.

Today I was thinking about Gaunt. I wish I have 20pts more [emoji4] This is my option 2k pts #1:

Archaon

LoC

Shaman

Gaunt Summoner

9x skyfires

10x Marauders

10x marauders

10x Chaos warriors

Aaaand my thoughts about Ogroid as support for battlelines. List 2k #2:

Archaon

LoC

Shaman

Ogroid

Gaunt

10 Marauders

10 Marauders

10 Ch warriors

6 skyfires

The last one is about having 2 units of warriors and 2 shamanami to support skyfires, list 1980pts #3:

Archaon

LoC

2x Shaman

10 Marauders

10 Warriors

10 Warriors

6 skyfires

What you think about those? Which one is more universal?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Archived