Bonesplitterz: Boarboys and Boarboy Maniaks

Heya,

I szarted recently a Bonesplitter army. I wonder what would be a good division of my Riders into Boarboys and Boarboy Maniaks.

I have 1 Box of Boar Riders (=10 Riders), and I am planning to get at least another Box of 10.

To the experienced Bonesplitterz players, how did yo build your boar guys? 10 Boarboys, 10 Maniaks?

Which weapons did you put on the Boarboys, Spears or Chompas? I think the spears are looking cooler and you got a little bit distinction to the Maniaks. But are they worth it?

Orks Orks Orks!

S.

I love my maniacs and run 20 most of the time. Opponents just do not expect them to be good. And against monsters.... Well they are a joy. I have another 10 ready to roll once the Kunnin Rukk gets more appropriate points

1 hour ago, Kanamorf said:

I love my maniacs and run 20 most of the time. Opponents just do not expect them to be good. And against monsters.... Well they are a joy. I have another 10 ready to roll once the Kunnin Rukk gets more appropriate points

What size unit do you run the maniacs in? I'm wanting to try out an Icebone Warclan and was going to run 4 squads of 5.   

I run them as 2 10s although I have run 10 and 2 5s before. I prefer 2 10s as they have a little more staying power when they get somewhere.

15 wounds is just not enough with only a 6 save. It would be fine but they usually get focus fired when people realise how good they are

I think the units fulfill two different roles.  The Maniacs are a supplemental offensive unit so I have found them best with 10 or more.  That way that they have a little more punch when they hit and survive enough to make full use of their end of combat second swing.  The regular Boarboyz are more a chaff unit so I like to keep them in units of 5.

• 1 month later...

Archived