Magnetizing ironjawz?

Soulsmith

As the title suggests, has anyone thought about magnetizing the ironjaw brutes? I think the two handers looks way cooler, but two weapons seems like the tactically smarter option. So really, both would be best. I have gotten any yet and haven't handled the sprues so I don't know if it's possible.

I did not try to mag them but I do not think it will be easy or perhaps posible. The arm pits are not a flat surface but they fit in (pls look at the spure). They have a "V" shape, and it would make it hard to fit them both in at the same time. But try, aim for the sky :D

Hey there,

As per Durant's post I would advise it will not be an easy task due to the way the arms fit to the torso. That said I'm not a magnetising pro and I know people seem to be able to do all sorts, so I wouldn't say its an impossibility.

What I would say is that if you decide magnetising is not a viable option, how about just having a variety in your army? I too prefer the aesthetic of the Jagged Hacka's, however the Choppas are also very nice in person. I do disagree that the Choppas are outright better, the 2" reach is very nice with the 40mm bases, especially in bigger units.

What I am doing is running a unit of 10 with the Jagged Hacka's (plus Boss Claw and 2 Gore Choppas) and then 2 smaller units of 5 with the Choppas. This creates some variance both aesthetically and also in game. I'm not saying it's any good...looks cool though!

Good luck and let us know what you come up with! :) 

Now that is a nice plan. I guess I'll just go with what I want to do, and down the line think about getting more brutes. Thanks :) If I can keep on top of my painting and don't burn myself out too early, I have savage boar boyz,, blorcs, a lot of Night goblins, and two giants who could be swapped into AoS. I just need to think up some fluff now, too much freedom with AoS!

Archived