Gore gruntas load out?

Jesper77

So, as topic says. Whats up with the Gore gruntas weapon load out? Why would you ever take Gore hackas over choppas besides the obvious, they are insanely cool looking. Do people find the 2" range to be so good for cavalry bases that it overcome the better hit stats on the choppas? 

On the brutes I understand why you in large Numbers would take the reach. But the way bases are on gruntas I dont get it. They realy should update the scroll with something better imo.

Am I missing something?  

For my first unit of Gore-gruntas, I went with the longer reach on the models.  In most of my games, I have found that I wish I had the 3+ To Hit instead of the reach.  The reach has been helpful in some of my games, and I could see it being helpful if you had a unit of 6 or more Gore-gruntas.  Heck, one time the Gore-gruntas got spread out in such a way that the extra inch of reach didn't even help them out!

All in all, if you go with the Hackas, make good use of them.  But if you want better attacks, go with the Choppas.

21 minutes ago, Furious said:

I suppose you could run the gruntaz behind a screening unit. But that is actually the gruntaz job, so I don't see the point.

Yes exactly. The more I play Ironjawz the more I feel that GW has done a realy bad job with em. Feels like that havent play tested em at all. They just wanted a faction that could represent the bad destruction guys. Worst part is.... I Love the models and i continue to wanna play them :/ 

32 minutes ago, Jesper77 said:

Yes exactly. The more I play Ironjawz the more I feel that GW has done a realy bad job with em. Feels like that havent play tested em at all. They just wanted a faction that could represent the bad destruction guys. Worst part is.... I Love the models and i continue to wanna play them :/ 

I feel you. I want so bad a green tide. But Bonesplittaz are monotonous in many ways, Greenskinz' rules are just plain inferior, and there's are enough small problems with Ironjaws for me to not be completely behind them (like orruks should be in groups of 30 or more, not five!).

But I digress.

@Furious youre spot on

I realy hope GW fixes the destruction faction in GH2. If they dont do something fast we wont see any destruction lists beyond the bottom half im tournaments. Not if they continue the planned nerf of BCR and Kunnin. This sadens me alot. GW been listening only to the complaints regarding nerfing various destruction warscrolls/lists like different grots etc. But in the same time they havent fixed things like utterly useless things in other areas like ironjaws/bonesplitterz etc. This has created factions that are non playable in competetive settings if you want to have results. Only time you se lists now in the top they are mixed with either Kunnin, BCR or they are pure factions of BCR or Kunnin Bonesplitterz. If they just nerf BCR and Kunnin and dont fix the rest its gonna be a sad year for destruction. So if they dont fix em I hope they leave the rest alone so we can play something if we want to compete. 

I know some ppl here on TGA are realy close to GW. Hope they have brought this to their attention even if the people dont play destruction as their main army. Sometimes it can be easy just to nerf but if thats the only thing you do to a faction then you completely destroys it. And that would be sad imo. 

@Jesper77 - It's pretty much been covered off, but to clarify; Choppas are unfortunately the only option worth consideration.

I say unfortunately as the Hackas look amazing. I think it's probably acceptable to mix the odd one in amongst your units for aesthetical variety (never more than 1 in 3) but have the unit count as all being equipped with Choppas.

25 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Jesper77 - It's pretty much been covered off, but to clarify; Choppas are unfortunately the only option worth consideration.

I say unfortunately as the Hackas look amazing. I think it's probably acceptable to mix the odd one in amongst your units for aesthetical variety (never more than 1 in 3) but have the unit count as all being equipped with Choppas.

You could for example put one on your boss, to show that he's the baddest mafk with the biggest weapon.

Archived