Main Unit weapons vs Model weapons

Hi Everyone 

I'm slowly coming back to the hobby since I have a young family after stopping when I was a teenager. I don't have the generals handbook so i don't know if this is covered there. I'm currently building some Moonclan grot units and i'm magnetising them so I can have both spears and bows. This is so I don't need to buy tons of models and can swap the weapons depending on what i want to field. So on to the meat of the question the war scroll says the unit can armed with spears or bows. Then says the leader is a Grot Boss but doesn't mention the weapon he uses. Looking at the box they have it modelled with a hand weapon. My question is if I give him a hand weapon does he have the weapon profile of a Stabba or what the rest of the unit has eg spears or bows. Is this the same for standard bearers and gong basher's or do they drop the units attacks because they have other benefits. 

Cheers 

He will count as having tge same weapon as the unit is armed with - unit leaders/champions are ofyen shown with a sword etc, which helps single them out. Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

And yes same for gong bashers/standard - it's just cosmetic to denote who's who - if the unit has bows, all comand models will too. Some different units can take a mix of weapons which allows them to be armed differently but grots are all armed the same

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived