Deep Strike Kharadrons 2000

Bashpan

I've been trying out some ideas for using a deep strike list at 2000 points and this is the result:

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords

Skyport: Barak-Zilfin
- Additional Footnote: Without Our Ships We Are Naught

Leaders
Endrinmaster (140)
- General
- Trait: Stickler for the Code:There's No Trading With Some People 
- Artefact: Autotinkerer 
Aether-Khemist (100)
- Artefact: Aethershock Earbuster 
Aether-Khemist (100)

Battleline
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Light Skyhooks
- 3x Light Skyhooks
- 3x Light Skyhooks

Units
6 x Endrinriggers (240)
- 1x Grapnel Launchers
6 x Endrinriggers (240)
- 1x Grapnel Launchers
15 x Grundstok Thunderers (300)
- 15x Aethercannons

War Machines
Arkanaut Ironclad (440)
- Main Gun: Great Sky Cannon
- Great Endrinworks: Aetherspheric Endrinds (Barak-Zilfin Skyvessel)

Battalions
Iron Sky Command (80)

Total: 2000/2000

The main point of the list is make the arkanaut slowly approach wherever u want waiting for a good moment to use the drop with the 12 endrinriggers + 45 aether cannons shots plus the 2 aetherkhemist (1 with the earbusters) and the ironclad adding more damage with the footnote of 1D3 mortal wounds.

The ironclad has a good resistance too with the repair combo plus the footnotes of rerolling healing hull dices.

This is pretty close to a list a came up with a few days ago, only I used an admiral instead, for the immune to battle shock. I would also split up one of your 6 riggers for more heals but I really like this list it's good

8 minutes ago, Connelj2 said:

This is pretty close to a list a came up with a few days ago, only I used an admiral instead, for the immune to battle shock. I would also split up one of your 6 riggers for more heals but I really like this list it's good

I want to use my endrinriggers like a pack and punch unit( they are essentially my melee unit) not like a healing squad they can get in and get out with the grapnel and they do a really good damage with -2/D3 damage plus u can buff them with aether-khemist.

I also like the list, but aren't you a bit worried with only having one grapple in your endrinriggers?  What if you really need to move and you fail that one roll to hit?  I'd be tempted to take at least 2.

Hmmm...rereading the warscroll and how do you actually equip your endrinriggers with a grapnel launcher?  It's not one of their options!  Are they all assumed to have one?

6 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

I also like the list, but aren't you a bit worried with only having one grapple in your endrinriggers?  What if you really need to move and you fail that one roll to hit?  I'd be tempted to take at least 2.

Hmmm...rereading the warscroll and how do you actually equip your endrinriggers with a grapnel launcher?  It's not one of their options!  Are they all assumed to have one?

It is a special weapon option.  So 1 in 3 can have it.

It does seem a bit of a waste to have Zilfin and yet only have a single ship (since there are three abilities relating to ships, but two of them cannot combo with the other one - the deepstrike). I would be tempted to add another ship to the mix.

48 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

Ah, see it now!  Thanks.  So, it only helps with movement.  Yeah, tough call as you don't really want to waste the attacks....but they only work on a 4+....

Like Thomas say is a special weapon so for every 3 unit u can take 1 (so you can take 2 in the 6 unit) but 1 works for all unit the only explanation to take more than 1 is u want to try another 4+ but anyway u want it for get in and out (24") vs big wounds units or escape to the ship.

42 minutes ago, Nico said:

It does seem a bit of a waste to have Zilfin and yet only have a single ship (since there are three abilities relating to ships, but two of them cannot combo with the other one - the deepstrike). I would be tempted to add another ship to the mix.

I try to configure this list with 2 frigates but i really dont need that extra ship because the other rules i have for ships still been available to use when i deep strike the ironclad and paying 560 points for 20 wounds and 2 cannons and 20 model transport i see them a bit expensive anyway i have another list using iron sky squadron but that list lack of healing dices for ships and in the current meta 10 mortal wounds are not to strange to be in the table and ironclad gives me 18 wounds with only 1 cannon but 20 models transport for only 440 i know that i lose 1 great endrinwork for using only 1 ship but i dont really see the point on using more ships if u dont go full skyvessels.

Never go full sky vessel!

i read through your list and somehow I was waiting for that second ship (but it never came). In the end, I think the list is a fresh take on the sky port rules and battalion. Perhaps not the most efficient use but it packs another punch that I think will be a valuable learning experience and may work well when people will start to expect a standard package solution for the sky port.

as to to repairing the ship by splitting riggers: do you plan to have the ship survive? It's a big coat to have it go down. Two frigates may split the cost and save one ship. If you calculated that the ironclad may go down then just use it as a delivery tool and max the load capacity. 

1 hour ago, Joakim said:

Never go full sky vessel!

i read through your list and somehow I was waiting for that second ship (but it never came). In the end, I think the list is a fresh take on the sky port rules and battalion. Perhaps not the most efficient use but it packs another punch that I think will be a valuable learning experience and may work well when people will start to expect a standard package solution for the sky port.

as to to repairing the ship by splitting riggers: do you plan to have the ship survive? It's a big coat to have it go down. Two frigates may split the cost and save one ship. If you calculated that the ironclad may go down then just use it as a delivery tool and max the load capacity. 

I have another list with 2 ships and was like this:

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords

Skyport: Barak-Zilfin
- Additional Footnote: Without Our Ships We Are Naught

Leaders
Aether-Khemist (100)
- General
- Trait: Stickler for the Code:There's No Trading With Some People 
Aether-Khemist (100)
- Artefact: Aethershock Earbuster 
Aether-Khemist (100)
- Artefact: Autotinkerer 

Battleline
- 3x Light Skyhooks
- 3x Light Skyhooks
- 3x Light Skyhooks

Units
15 x Grundstok Thunderers (300)
- 15x Aethercannons
3 x Endrinriggers (120)
- 1x Drill Cannons
3 x Endrinriggers (120)
- 1x Drill Cannons

War Machines
Arkanaut Frigate (280)
- Main Gun: Heavy Sky Cannon
- Great Endrinworks: Incredible Self-healing Hull
Arkanaut Ironclad (440)
- Main Gun: Great Sky Cannon
- Great Endrinworks: Aetherspheric Endrinds (Barak-Zilfin Skyvessel)

Battalions
Iron Sky Command (80)

Total: 2000/2000

The only difference with the other list is i want to try ships alone with a deathstar alpha strike (12 endrinriggers + 15 grundstoks) and a bunch of autohealing hulls dices (Endrinmaster + footnotes + endrinriggers + autotinkerer)

Archived