Matched Play - counting points after game

Malin

Question

Hi,

have a question on points counting after the matched play game. In some of the scenarios, to decide who gets the minor win you need to count the points to decide here. Question is. If for example you have Warscroll Battalion in your army, your opponent destroys all of its components thrughout the game, do you award him the points for both: units and battalion, or only for units?

Regards

Malin

3 answers to this question

The rules state that you add up the points for units that have been destroyed.  It makes no mention of Battalions, so it could be assumed that no points are gained for battalions being destroyed, RAW.  This of course could very well be an oversight by the rules team but it's difficult to say for sure.  I suggest you take this up with your gaming group and elect to house rule in that you gain the points for a battalion if every unit of it is wiped out - that is, if it bothers you that much.  I could certainly see that as a fair way of doing things.  There is no official ruling on this though.

Actually this popped up in my head during my working hours in the office (this AoS - always on your mind). I recalled last tournament and remember when after one of my games, I asked opponent for points from his army as I tabled him, and he gave me whole set, including battalions.

I thought it could be good to ask that question. Should they be added to the pool or not after the game? I searched yesterday in GH and Battletomes but such information is nowhere to be found, meaning points for battalions shouldn't be granted to the enemy after the game. Just like you stated @Jharen

Archived