Question of a new AoS player

Vaux

Well this is my first posting in this forum and directly a question regarding the mean green machine called Ironjawz.

I played a lot of Warhammer Fantasy back in the days and now I want to start with Age of Sigmar. I chose the Ironjawz

for my first army because of the visual appeal and not because they fit the shooting meta or anything else.

I am planing to buy the following stuff for the beginning:

1 Megaboss on Maw-Krusha

1 Megaboss on foot

1 Weirdnob

1 Start Collecting box

3 boxes of Brutes

And here comes my question:

Does it make more sense to buy another Start Collecting box to fill up the rangs of the Ardboys a bit more and to get another fast unit of Gore-Gruntas (those cost more than the whole box anyway) or should I buy two more boxes of Brutes (which are just a bit more expensive).

I hope some experienced Ironjawz players can give me their insight on it.

The list looks good, I'd definitely get another Start Collecting after buying those things. If you can find a Thunderfist Battalion box, that one is also really good value (contains a Megaboss, Weirdnob, 10 Brutes, 3 Gruntas with an Aleguzzler Gargant thrown in for good measure). They don't sell those anymore though, so you'd have to look around in shops and see if anyone still has one in stock.

Good start and welcome to the green machine! Agree with @Solaris above, while you will eventually want 30 brutes min, having the option to field a couple units each of Gorepigs and Ardboyz is useful but most importantly will give you a second Warchanter and a lot of list you will run having 2 is often desirable. The Ironjawz SC box is excellent value for money as well. 

Will do so, it will take a while till I get the delivery from the UK anyway (they dont have most of it in stock atm and then it will take Royal Mail ages to get the stuff to Germany, god knows why).

With Ironjawz all your units are battleline, so it gives you a few options. Brutes are definitely the strongest unit with the most killing power, though you'll need some Ardboys for objectives. The Gore gruntas don't perform as well as the other two units sadly, which is a shame because the models are great.

Guess I will start with a kinda standard list and expand from there.

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 1000/1000

Makes my first order a Start Collecting box, 2 boxes of Brutes and a Megaboss (already placed, just need to wait about 2+ weeks to get it delivered). 

Later down the line I guess I will order two more Start Collecting Boxes (for a Gorefist and more Ardboys to get some wounds for objectives) and about 20 more Brutes. That should give me as much flexibility as a pure Ironjawz army can have (and that isnt much hehe).

But first... assembly, painting and playing some games with the starting lot.

Wayland Games (they dont have the stuff in stock, so that adds to the delay), usually it takes around 5-8 days for Royal Mail to get the stuff over to Germany. Last order from Forgeworld even took more then 2 weeks (after they dispatched it). If you send something to the UK it takes 2-3 days. Kinda odd but well, I will have to deal with it.

And yeah I know, Wayland Games might not be the best Reseller...  but they offer a 20% discount on UK prices and free shipping (elsewhere I would have to pay another 12 pounds extra for it).

Archived